[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think about Tennou?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (214 KB, 900x648) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214 KB, 900x648
Do you guys respect Tenno-Heika?
>>
>>1151595
No, I'm not a nip, I don't have to worship a nip meme emperor.

Serious question, though, how do Japanese feel about the guy?
>>
based swazi grabbing his dick
>>
>>1151604#
Sorry for taking long to reply. Where are you from?
We don't think he's very special, but he's still symbol of Japan.
>>
>>1151595
Hereditary rulers are dumb.
>>
>>1151662
Maybe, but they are all educated. Some of them studied in British University.
>>
do any of those monarchs still hold power over their goverments? japan's Big E doesn't since he's just a decoration these days.
>>
>>1151780
The Queen could refuse to give royal assent to a bill, but the minute she tried she'd be ousted quicker than you could say 'constitutional crisis'
>>
>>1151612
Based Liechtensteiner grabbing his dick
>>
>>1151595
Do you think they lined them up by height basis, like during school photos, or by some other means?
>>
>>1151824
why?

>>1151635
also do you have a manga about any of your emperor doing emperor things?
>>
>>1151883
Unless she had REALLY good reasons for it and massive popular support for doing so, not letting a law pass would be hugely controversial and make people question her role. And while people aren't exactly massive republicans in the UK you can bet your ass people will start changing their mind pretty quickly once the political establishment decides to turn on the only bit of proper aristocratic hierarchy left unmolested in the British political system. Even if she wasn't deposed, her hands would be tied and things changed so she had no choice at all.
>>
>>1151931
so in other words still has the bigger beef than any of her parliament but the crowd says so otherwise. interesting, my guess is the same story goes with passing a law by herself?
>>
>>1151780
Mostly Middle-Eastern countries like Saudi Arabia and the UAE.

Also for a large part of Japanese history the Emperor was more of a religious leader than a true monarch
>>
File: Go Daigo Imprisoned.jpg (29 KB, 350x265) Image search: [Google]
Go Daigo Imprisoned.jpg
29 KB, 350x265
>>1151595
Not really. The Japanese emperor is the most unemperor of emperors.
>>
>>1152598
>Also for a large part of Japanese history the Emperor was more of a religious leader than a true monarch

For much of history the monarch was a religious leader. A god incarnate is the most traditional old-school monarch.
>>
>>1152616
Not the case for many European and Asian monarchs. At most they're just appointed by the Gawds. Or became divine after they died, especially among ancestor worshippers like Rome or China.
>>
>>1152616
But for much of the time the Shogun was the one who actually ran shit.

I think that someone once described the Emperor as being the pope, and the Shogun as the king. "Emperor" isn't a very great translation of Tennou
>>
>>1152014
No, she can't write a law. She just signs it, or gives royal assent, which officially makes a bill from the house an 'Act of Parliament' and proper law.
>>
File: SG_Palace_020.jpg (458 KB, 2500x1182) Image search: [Google]
SG_Palace_020.jpg
458 KB, 2500x1182
>>1152707
>"Emperor" isn't a very great translation of Tennou
I've toyed with translating it as "pharaoh", or, more seriously, "sacred king". "Mikado" is the proper English word but no one really uses it anymore.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.