[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Carl the great a myth ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Charlemagne_and_his_son_Louis.png (2 MB, 1491x632) Image search: [Google]
Charlemagne_and_his_son_Louis.png
2 MB, 1491x632
Any basis for this idea ?
>>
>>1144932
Well I mean, have you ever seen him in person? Know anyone who has? Didn't think so.
>>
>>1144932
No.
>>
>>1144932

When I found this image, it seemed like the Swiss author talked up Charlie to be a very magnificent person. What little I got from the old German involved his fashion, his strength, and the care he gave to his daughters.

I am not sure if you are asking for a basis FOR the myth of Charlemagne, or if you are asking for a basis AGAINST the idea that he is a myth. Clear it up for me a little.

Also, he was objectively real so there's that. Not sure how one can argue such a thing
>>
>>1144932
What, phantom time hypothesis?
>>
Op here not sure how it was called but my question basically is
Was charl the great real
I recall some obscure historian claiming he and 500 yrs of history aren't real
What does he base this idea on and are his ideas any good
>>
I mean, thinking that some ancient king who left behind a very decentrilzied tribal kingdom is mythical is one thing, but one that left behind an empire that stretched from the Iberian peninsula to the Baltic sea and had his own Renaissance?
>>
File: heilige_romische_reich.jpg (596 KB, 1387x786) Image search: [Google]
heilige_romische_reich.jpg
596 KB, 1387x786
>>1144932
>>
File: 1462120757320.png (284 KB, 495x337) Image search: [Google]
1462120757320.png
284 KB, 495x337
>>1148002
> >
> >
> >
>>
>>1147972
I know who you're talking about, disregard that schizo all-cap typing autist
he thinks the monks who recorded history just made everything up because they were the only ones copying things down
>>
>>1148129
thought so too but just was curious if he based his "idea" in reality or just his own ani
>>
>>1144932
No, Einhard was a contemporary who wrote a biography about him.
>>
>>1148002
subtle
>>
nobody unfortunate enough to be called Carl will ever be able to accomplish anything great, no matter how hard they try
therefore Carl the Great is a myth
q.e.d
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.