[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /his/ think about transhumanism? Bad or good idea?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 6-24LawMotoko.jpg (107 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
6-24LawMotoko.jpg
107 KB, 1280x721
What does /his/ think about transhumanism?
Bad or good idea?
Would you upload your consciousness into a robot body or computer if given the chance?
>>
File: 1400960441727.jpg (97 KB, 475x699) Image search: [Google]
1400960441727.jpg
97 KB, 475x699
>>1140501
No.
>>
>>1140501
no
>>
>>1140501
>>What does /his/ think about transhumanism?
Depends on the kind you're talking about.

>>Bad or good idea?
Depends on what you consider to be good or bad.

>>Would you upload your consciousness into a robot body or computer if given the chance?
Depends on whether or not we're talking about my original consciousness or a copy.
>>
>not wanting to be a robot

what are you, gay?
>>
>>1140501
A copy myself into a pleasant simulated environment? Sure. Might lead to some interesting conversations, or more. Would have to be a strictly closed system though - I barely trust myself on the internet in a flesh body.

Robot body? Nah. I kick my own ass enough as it is.

Destroy myself in order to do the upload? Nah. That ain't me up there. Maybe if I was terminally ill and wanted to leave a momento or ensure a project was finished.

I would feel bad about torturing even a simulation of myself, so the provided simulated environment would have to rich enough and customizable enough by its resident to keep simulated me happy. That might entail adding more simulations of other individuals.
>>
>>1140501
Maybe to experience cool simulations. Permanently though?No.
>>
>>1140501
maybe having robot parts would be cool to assist my native body but no
>>
A brain in a body that is as capable as a humans plus much more?

Fuck yeah.
>>
>>1140501
>Bad or good idea?
Great idea.

>Would you upload your consciousness into a robot body or computer if given the chance?
Of course.
>>
would do anything for immortality so as long as I'd get the chance and a guarantee that its an actual upload not a copy I'd jump at the opportunity
>>
>>1140501
i would only do it close to my death, and it depends on how satisfied i am at the end of my life.
I'd love to witness the world of tomorrow. Just imagining interaction with other intelligent life, witnessing civilization beyond earth, and all the wondrous technology, the insight from generations of experience alone would make it worth it. Who knows, maybe when enough time has passed, the technology will exist for me to transfer my consciousness back into an organic form, and live again.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.