[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who allowed this cuck get his grubby autistic mitts all over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: download (1).jpg (5 KB, 199x254) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5 KB, 199x254
Who allowed this cuck get his grubby autistic mitts all over philosophy and turn what was once ennobling and life-affirming into autismal P not-P gymnastics?
>>
When it evolved from merely being an artistic inquiry and moved into the logical realm. Same thing happened with linguistic. Before it was all about creativity and art, now its purely logic.

You can thank the Poos for that.
>>
File: 1447721686263.png (346 KB, 1829x788) Image search: [Google]
1447721686263.png
346 KB, 1829x788
Look at it from the bright side, he got absolutely shittershattered throughout his career by Gödel, Wittgenstein etc. and basically wasted his entire life. Now he is only remembered for how autistic positivist scum is.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 450x618) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 450x618
>>1134195
I didn't know his wife was an adulteress.
>>
>>1134195
Frege looks nothing like I imagined him.
>>
File: positivism.png (52 KB, 1881x535) Image search: [Google]
positivism.png
52 KB, 1881x535
>>
>>1134321
what are signs that one is a modern positivist?
>>
File: 1000yearsdungeon.png (1 MB, 736x602) Image search: [Google]
1000yearsdungeon.png
1 MB, 736x602
>>1134298
Russel shagged half the British aristocracy back then.

Standard-issue sexual antics.
>>
>>1134369
A hat
>>
>>1134309
Anglos don't know of the existence of Frege. They also think Witty was british.
>>
>>1134195
Why must we shit up the first page whining about logical positivism?
>>
>>1134321
The one hand argument was actually Moore, though Wittgenstein did use it a lot. And I don't really recall it being used wrt Mathematica, though maybe, I guess.

Next time you're talking about this, you should talk about Wittgenstein criticising the project by speculating on what Russell and Whitehead would do if they discovered proof that 1+1 != 2; they'd start to go back over their work, because they'd know they'd made a mistake somewhere.
>>
>>1135149
>first page
>he doesn't obey the categorical imperative
>>
>>1135071
lol but srsly. why do fedoras and such love positivism.
what about "new" atheists?
>>
>>1134195
Just a hunch, but I'm guess you haven't actually formally studied philosophy, let alone read anything by Russell. He did plenty of other things for philosophy aside from the creation of predicate logic.
>>
>>1138206
>You merely misread me, retard!

The classic Socrates defense
>>
>>1134309
Don't roast my boy Gottlob like that, he did great work for his time. On Sense and Reference and his Begriffsschrift were revolutionary works that shaped philosophy of language and the Analytic tradition.
>>
>>1138236
>I don't like what Russell said, so he's wrong!
Fuckers like you make my blood boil.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.