[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>If the majority agree then it is the right thing to do.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: giphy-facebook_s.gif (95 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy-facebook_s.gif
95 KB, 480x270
>If the majority agree then it is the right thing to do.

When did you realize democracy was flawed?
>>
When did you realize being flawed does not prevent a concept from being useful?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>1128829
What do you propose to replace this system?
>>
>>1128843
Is it useful to the 49% who voted against the majority?

Is it useful to progress a country when the uneducated class vote for uninformed policies?

>>1128847
Antinatalism, of course.
>>
>>1128847
Christian Monarchy, the way God wants it.

If you're a fedora, then a Constitutional Republic.
>>
I always was an anarchist.
>>
>>1128854
>Antinatalism, of course.
That's not a political system.

>>1128858
>christian monarchy
Come now, put some effort into you're trolling.

>a Constitutional Republic
Not a bad idea, but these tend to become democracies over time.

For the record, I understand that modern democratic governments are flawed in many ways.
>>
>>1128868
I believe changing the voting age will greatly fix democracy.

Raising the voting age to 21 or 25 would help a great deal.
>>
>>1128868
Spotted the buttblasted fedora.
>>
Only white male landowners should be able to vote
>>
>>1128829

It doesn't imply right or wrong it implies legitimacy.

Also, important issues require a qualified majority to be passed and central core constitutional issues require a super majority and a lot of other institutions debating and approving the passing or the amending of a law.

Unless we're talking Murican '''Democracy''' here, where candidates don't need to have a majority of votes to be elected President and civil rights can be 404 at will by men in black.
>>
if they are going to get screwed over by policies anyway they should at least have a say in the policies that screw them over.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.