[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how did the American natives figure out that you could dry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: oliva serie v.jpg (32 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
oliva serie v.jpg
32 KB, 300x300
So how did the American natives figure out that you could dry tobacco and smoke it?
>>
>>1127322

Someone tried it and didn't die. Same way everything else was figured out by anyone, anywhere.
>>
>>1127327
...How was suicide bombing figured out?
>>
>>1127331
Someone tried it and someone else watched. Same way everything else was figured out by others, anywhere.
>>
>>1127322
I'd like to imagine that during a dry season, some tobacco plants caught fire and some guy breathed in the smoke.
>>
>>1127331

Prove suicide bombers don't continue to live (in heaven / hell).
>>
>>1127384
Heaven/Hell aren't real.

Source: This is like the 3rd time I've been born.
>>
>>1127345
Given the practice of ingesting tobacco water, the properties of the plant were almost certainly known first.
>>
>>1127327
Maybe they were just burning tobacco in a campfire and liked the smell so they tried to inhale it and they invented pipes to make it easier.
>>
>>1127322
start by burning leaves and inhaling the fumes
well maybe we can wrap some chopped up leaves in a bigger leaf so it would be like a neat burnable little package
>>
File: pepe frog 2.png (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
pepe frog 2.png
11 KB, 225x225
>>1127331
kek'd
>>
>>1127331
Islamic Science
>>
>>1128744
Surprisingly, no. The LTTE pioneered this technique against Sri Lanka, and they used Christians and Hindus.
>>
>>1127331
>being this fucking stupid
>>
>>1127322
>"Womakdadink, go get some fire starter"
>grabs some dried tobacco leaves by chance
>throws them on the fire
>natives get a buzz from the smoke
>they figure out which plant it was

And the rest is history
>>
>>1130008
You don't get a "buzz" from cigarettes unless you're a literal chain smoker lighting up your first of the day, could you be anymore underage b&?
>>
>>1130070
Yeah because 70% of what is in a cigarette isn't tobacco retard

Smoke a cigar that's probably close to 100% tobacco though and you'll get a pretty good buzz going
>>
>>1130070
>You don't get a "buzz" from cigarettes
I can get a buzz from second-hand smoke.
>>
>>1127327
/thread.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.