[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did the French revolution mark the beginning of the idea of a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: nac.jpg (293 KB, 1164x935) Image search: [Google]
nac.jpg
293 KB, 1164x935
Did the French revolution mark the beginning of the idea of a nation, or did it simply mark the beginning of using the word "nation" to explain something that has always been there?
>>
Neither. It marks the beginning of the the idea that countries should be based on ethnicities.
>>
>>1119766
Let me rephrase that, making less assumptions.
When did the nations form, and at what point in history could you expect that a french man living on the border with Germany would find himself closer to far away Paris than to the german village next to his?
>>
>>1119766
>Neither. It marks the beginning of the the idea that countries should be based on ethnicities.

Bullshit. Nationalism as in the french revolution refers to the sacralization of the country. It has nothing to do with ethnicity, dumb shit
>>
>>1119776
Buttmad clueless retard spotted.
>>
>>1119781
Pathetic retard
Be sure I'll think of you next time I take a shit
>>
File: his.jpg (95 KB, 977x359) Image search: [Google]
his.jpg
95 KB, 977x359
Stay on topic, kind anons.
>>
>>1119764
Don't we tend to trace the modern concept of 'nations' back to the peace of Westphalia? Or am I confused sovereignty and the nation-state with another meaning of 'nation'?
>>
>>1119874
Nation used to have a different meaning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natio_Hungarica
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.