[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why were the Nazi's such embarrassing failures?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6
File: the cuckold.png (902 KB, 869x1520) Image search: [Google]
the cuckold.png
902 KB, 869x1520
Why were the Nazi's such embarrassing failures?
>>
>>1118172
>unironically counting china as part of the Soviet sphere of influence
wew
>>
>>1118172
Because 3 reichs, your out.
>>
>>1118189

I'm pretty sure thats just a map of gommunism in general
>>
>>1118189
well it was till 1956 or so.
>>
>>1118172
Because the Nazis were a party for embarrassing failures. A morphine addicted hedonist is the closest you can count to a nazi leader who found personal success. They were the party of GIMMEDATS.
>>
>>1118192
but was the first reich really a reich?
>>
>>1118172
>Russia
>Not an embarassing failure.
>>
>>1118207
It was neither heileges, romisches nor a reich
>>
Here commie you're lost
>>>/pol/
>>
>>1118249
t. buttmad enlightened frenchy
>>
Soviets had a head start of 30 years
Nazis recovered bankrupt german economy in only a couple of years
although most of it was channeled to the military
>>
>>1118249
It was an empire at first though, discounting memes
>>
At least they lasted 6 years against the entire world's greatest armies in ww2. WW1 was more impressive they lasted 8 years. So hey, not too bad.
>>
>>1118205
I dunno, looks like they did an alright job for the first eight years or so.
>>
>>1118357
WW1 lasted 5 years
>>
>>1118237
>Soviets 1940-1980
>failure
>>
>>1118359
In 8 years they managed to bankrupt the economy, decrease the standard of living, resort to running scams on the populace, and got themselves into an unwinnable war.
>>
>>1118365
I thought ww1 lasted 4 years? From 1914 to 1918?

>>1118357
ww1 wasn't 8 years long, brah. And their lasting a couple years longer in ww2 isn't that impressive when you consider that they first attacked nations that were in no real position to defend themselves.
>>
They did set the bar a little high. Calling 1000 years from the rip.
Also Einstein being Jewish didn't help
>>
>>1118365
Jesus I fucked up my numbers. Either way it's impressive.
>>
Nvm I remember why I said eight years. Because Germany was still fighting in Turkey. So I counted it in as they were still fighting.
>>
>>1118478
I counted Turkey because Germany still fought in Turkey. Which is impressive. And yes , you do hold truth. But there was still mutiple great nations against Germany so it was still a challenge.
>>
>>1118486
You mean Oppenheimer. Popular association with Einstein and the Bomb has been a grave misapprehension.
>>
Why is it that I would get in trouble for wearing a swatstica, but it was get hipster points for wearing a hammer and sickle?
>>
>>1118172
because towards the end they were being ordered around by a man who wouldn't listen to anything his generals and advisers said

Hitler was a retard
>>
>>1118384
>if we disregard the period were the Soviets ultimately failed they aren't a failure!
>>
Shouldn't the pic say Russians vs Germans instead of commies vs nazis? What the hell do modern German homos have to do with an ideology that's been out of power for the last 70 years?
>>
>>1118478
If you were to count the Treaty of Versailles in 1919 its 5 years but conflict stopped in 1918.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 750x1334
>>1118172

>facist
>superstitious
>paranoid
>believed in false documents/ outdated information
>blue pilled
>ignorant
>gullible
>reactionary
>fanatic

Basically /pol/, running a country.
>>
>>1119129

This.
>>
>>1118942

Repressed homosexuality desu.
>>
I don't like the essay, but Ur-Fascism, by Umberto Eco, raises a good point which explains the whole of fascism failures.

Fascists, and Nazis too of course, always underestimate their enemies because they consider themselves so superior both racially and socially. So they try to take on against the whole world thinking that their "heroic aryan spirit" will count, and that "liberal degenerates" and "slavic subhumans" will never amount to a challenge.

Then reality ensues.
>>
>>1118564
Because commies are better and cooler than nazis and proved it on the battlefield
>>
File: 1439800675198.jpg (175 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1439800675198.jpg
175 KB, 1440x810
>>1118260
>commies
>on /pol/
>>
>>1118384
What country does Putin lead again?
>>
>>1119198
/pol/ is packed to the brim with commies, nazis, fascists, libertarians, anarchists and pretty much every fringe crackpot ideology you could think of
>>
>>1119173
>cooler
>commies gave birth to sjws
>>
>>1119210
>false flagging marx memeing is actual commies
/pol/ thinks bbc are actual niggers taking selfies and posting on /pol/
>>
>>1119246
>those aren't REAL communists!
You sjws are all the same
>>
>>1119279
/pol/ baits itself all the time because they like going after strawmen
>>
>>1118207
Neither the second one. Third one could be count.
>>
File: overconfidence.jpg (74 KB, 464x859) Image search: [Google]
overconfidence.jpg
74 KB, 464x859
>>1118172
It turns out approaching every situation with the default assumption of racial superiority can occasionally lead to some overconfidence
>>
>>1119291
>>1119246
Wait, if you don't go on /pol/, how would you know all this?
>>
>>1119156
>Fascists, and Nazis too of course, always underestimate their enemies because they consider themselves so superior both racially and socially. So they try to take on against the whole world thinking that their "heroic aryan spirit" will count, and that "liberal degenerates" and "slavic subhumans" will never amount to a challenge.

This. Nazi ideology places to much focus on the intangible and not enough on the tangible. This is how you get Hitler declaring war on the US while his armies are stalled outside Moscow and Britain is still unbroken and it's also how you get the Japanese leadership deciding that attacking the US is the least bad option available to them when they are still at war with China.

Anti-rational ideologies like nazism and fascism are how you get a nation's political leadership to think that you can wage war on the entire world and win.
>>
>>1119129
This is just like my meme facebook post!
>>
>>1119129
>reactionary
>nazis / communists

Retard
>>
>>1118172

hitler dood

wat nou
>>
>>1118486
>Also Einstein being Jewish didn't help
>>1118555
>You mean Oppenheimer. Popular association with Einstein and the Bomb has been a grave misapprehension.

supposedly he convinced FDR to greenlight the Manhattan Project. Dunno the veracity.
>>
>>1118172

because of a complex combination of criminal insanity and criminal incompetence
>>
>>1118172
>protecting Western Europe from a communist takeover
>failure
>>
>>1119378

fascism wasnt all that anti-rational, they just had a thing for brutality, which they were pretty open about, it was more a question of style
the basics of the ideology were based on stuff like sociology and statistics, appeals to order, duty, collective selfinterest, whatnot

nazism was based almost completely on myth, even their notions of race, ancestry, blood and earth, its all mythical, or mythomanaical, almost religious, or, magical maybe in part of the ss
>>
>>1118205
Ever tried reading a diary or thoughts of a nsdap leader there are a few
>>
>>1119798
Nazis were the ultimate reactionaries to modernity.
>>
>tfw Hitler ruined Third way movements for eternity
>tfw Fascism is now a derogatory term thanks to him

C-come back Benny, i love you ;_;
>>
>>1118309
Military modernization was a sideline of the four year plan not the acheivment
>>
>>1119884
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5rQHoaQpTw
>>
>>1118451
Jew channeling the last 100 years of "anti semitism"
Detected
>>
>>1119198
The whole "ideology vs ideology" thing with no actual argument is 100% /pol/ you retard. It doesn't matter who it's against, don't bring it here.
>>
>>1118555
You mean fermi
Oppenheimer was a managerial buttfucker that understood how it worked
>>
>>1118914
You haven't read much, it was the other way round until 1943 then he started making tactical discisons when thd push in to ussr became bogged down because if glory hunting generals
>>
>>1119881
Nope. Nazis were modernists themselves, trying to create the new man.
>>
>>1118384
They were complete failures because Slavs are incapable of creating civilisation.
>>
>>1119963
>Soviets
>Slavs

Meme harder. They were Jews.
>>
>>1119129
/thread
>>
>>1119843
>Nazis defending europe
They got crushed by soviets and allied forces met in the middle split europe
Nazis all dead
--> cold war
>>
>>1118309
>Soviets had a head start of 30 years
Russian revolution didn't start until 1917 anon
>>
>>1118172

>ITT: /pol/ bait
>HITLER WAS GREATEST HERO OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION FILTHY JEW
>cultural enrichment
>/thread
>>
>>1120017
Yeah, the European axis got fucked from three sides and then europe spent the next 50 years in the cold war with all the shittery that entailed and somehow this means that Nazi Germany was successful somehow?

This is also ignoring that Hitler's insane ideas tainted the idea of ethnic nationalism and now europe has no real defense against the hordes of imbecilic morons being imported from the third world.

So fucking stupid.
>>
>>1119198
turns out ironic shitposting is not ironic after all
>>
File: ?????.jpg (21 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
?????.jpg
21 KB, 501x585
>>1121297

And people are still dumb enough to insist that all the backpedaling of the postwar Western world had nothing to do with Nazism and could only have been orchestrated by shadowy Jewish bogeymen hiding somewhere out of sight.

And that Hitler's memory will somehow save us from third worlders.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.