[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Post times we laughed at god >dedicate chastity to christ
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: amadeussalieri.jpg (471 KB, 1240x524) Image search: [Google]
amadeussalieri.jpg
471 KB, 1240x524
ITT: Post times we laughed at god

>dedicate chastity to christ in exchange for musical genius
>some hedonistic newfag shows up that could fuck every half decent looking female and also makes music that makes mine look like utter shit
>he defiles my name at a masquerade ball
>set him on a path of self destruction
>he dies
>>
Grazie Senore
>>
Salieri bless. The king of mediocrity.

That film is a legit 10/10. The extended cut is flawless.
>>
>>1103830
>/his/ - Television & Film
>>
>>1103830
>>dedicate chastity to christ in exchange for musical genius

That's foolishness on the part of man. Why laugh at God?
>>
>>1103830
I love that movie.

Back in reality, most graduate students in music theory and composition would be hard pressed to differentiate lesser-known works by Salieri and Mozart. Salieri is less notable because he was just another generic court composer who wrote in the same style as pretty much everyone else in that era (including mozart). Mozart is mainly remembered as being notable for being a more-successful-than-usual child prodigy who tried to make a living as a non-court composer, which was very unusual for that time.

Like seriously, just listen to Salieri and Mozart side-by-side:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzYitR4TFAI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxKlDgR7EEo

Very similar orchestration techniques, very similar use of cadences, very similar harmony.
>>
>>1103888
still better than promising to sacrifice the first thing to walk out of your home in return for strength in battle
>>
File: p2OlHXy.jpg (172 KB, 940x798) Image search: [Google]
p2OlHXy.jpg
172 KB, 940x798
>>1103830
I absolve you
>>1103837
I absolve you
>>1103838
I absolve you
>>1103867
I absolve you
>>1103888
I absolve you
>>1103950
I absolve you
>>1103960
I absolve you

Medicroties everwhere; two weeks until Elliot Rodger's anniversary.
>>
>>1104035

Posts like this are why I keep coming back here.
>>
>>1103950
Yes Mozart wrote some hack work, especially as he started composing as a child. He got better. Nobody will confuse his mature masterpieces for Salieri. Where is Salieri's Magic Flute?
This is like taking one of Shakespeare's early plays and claiming he was no better than any other playwright.
>>
>fiction is now historical facts
>>
>>1103830
Historical slander. I hate that the movie has characters that resemble real life historical figures.
>>
I am their patron saint.
>>
File: 307.jpg (37 KB, 788x685) Image search: [Google]
307.jpg
37 KB, 788x685
>>1105533
I absolve you
>>
herbert schwan
>>
File: mozart.jpg (27 KB, 250x321) Image search: [Google]
mozart.jpg
27 KB, 250x321
*farts the last note of your delicately written song*
>>
>>1106487
*laughs maliciously*
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.