[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I see a lot of love for Calvin Coolidge here. Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Calvin_Coolidge_cph.3g10777.jpg (75 KB, 831x1024) Image search: [Google]
Calvin_Coolidge_cph.3g10777.jpg
75 KB, 831x1024
I see a lot of love for Calvin Coolidge here. Why?
>>
He's kind of a patron-saint of small government because his personal philosophy towards administration was to sit on his hands.
>>
he signed an immigration act that essentially made it such that all future immigration would have to conform to the existing ethnic composition of the US.

ie. 30% british, therefore in any year 30% of immigrants must be brits
>>
because he's so cool
>>
>>1103570
Except that didn't the immigration act use the ethnic composition from 50 years earlier?
>>
He told that woman to fuck off
>>
In "My Thirty Years Backstairs at the White House", a maid told how, when Coolidge sent her to buy a newspaper, he waited and asked where the change was!
>>
>>1104270
I don't know what's wrong with that. If I did a favor like this for someone I would bring back the change. Maybe I'm just a beta bitch cuck though.
>>
>>1104295
It's a bit ridiculous for someone with the nearly boundless wealth and power that comes with being the ruler of a nation to care about a few cents, and speaks of a petty and almost autistic nature.
>>
>>1104300
>r
Wouldn't you want a World Leader to be very concerned with the allocation of money?
>>
>>1104335
nigga, just let the maid have some change
>>
>>1104343
He probably would have let her keep it if she had given it up without having to be asked.

Probably not, actually, but still.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.