[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do "spiritual but not religious" or "I believe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
What do "spiritual but not religious" or "I believe in a life force" mean?
>>
Experiencing states of mind similar to those described in religious texts, while not believing in the supernatural.
>>
if you hear that then you're talking to a white person
>>
I'm too cool for established religions.
>>
>im a middle aged white woman with short hair
>>
>>1100124
>>1100152
>>1100158
Kek
>>
"Spiritual but not religious" means "I don't want people to think I'm a whore, but I still want to be a whore"
>>
>>1100109
They don't want the rules of organized religion to get in the way of their lifestyle but are too afraid of the thought of a meaningless atheistic universe and thus try to believe humans have some sort of spiritual soul/essence.
>>
File: 1458340207137.jpg (22 KB, 252x249) Image search: [Google]
1458340207137.jpg
22 KB, 252x249
>>1100277
>They don't want the rules of organized religion to get in the way of their lifestyle but are too afraid of the thought of a meaningless atheistic universe and thus try to believe humans have some sort of spiritual soul/essence.
/thread

also, pic related.
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 1688x514) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 1688x514
>>
>>1100109
Mentally retarded as religion is organized spiritualism with some logical systems embedded in it but the non religious spiritualist are basically adults going HURR LIFE IS SO PRETTY.
>>
It roughly translates to "Im an insufferable hippie"
>>
>>1100329
>religion is organized spiritualism with some logical systems embedded in it

No, religion is organized belief in the supernatural.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.