[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT we write a hardcore history episode one line at a time >I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (325 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
325 KB, 750x1334
ITT we write a hardcore history episode one line at a time

>I want you to think back to when you were a child
>>
>imagine a high-definition panoramic view of your childhood home, now imagine it on fire.
>>
>the people who did this are entirely foreign to you, so unlike yourself that they might as well be from a different planet, think H.G. Wells 'War of the Worlds' aliens.
>>
>I'M NOT SAYING THERE'S A JFK CONSPIRACY, BUT MAYBE THERE'S A JFK CONSPIRACY
>>
>they post your parent's flayed skin on a tree nearby, in a sort of medieval version of twitter; raided this settlement today #mongolconquest.
>>
>now, i'm not a historian
>>
>Will Durant said on the subject
>>
>quote "The most godless of men, are often those who believe themselves to be the most godfull" end quote
>>
>now...Can you IMAGINE what that must have been like?
>>
>Folks, nothing remotely close to that has happened in over three hundred years.
>>
>Just, the SCALE of it all, it really just boggles the mind
>>
>Adrian Goldsworthy goes further in his book 'Roman Perspectives on Everything', quote; "Invading Iraq was the right decision and anyone who thinks differently probably wishes they were a piss-drinking Mongol barbarian" end quote.
>>
>AGEEN AND AGEEN
>>
>It's like the Battle of Pelennor Fields from the Lord of the Rings; the great evil besieging the last bastion of good in the world.
>>
>you know folks, I've always been fascinated by the extremes of the human condition
>>
>if there was list of top ten....
>>
>absolutely amazing war strategy. Can you imagine a hitler doing this Even if he were to succeed with his thousand year reich? Can you imagine Alexander doing it if his empire didn't dissipate into nothingness? What about a Napoleon who was able to withhold and preserve his revolution?
>>
>I think about what these people had to endure, and whether or not we [deep voice]as twenty-first century citizens of the world[/deep voice] would be able to do the same. And I don't think we could.
>>
>I want you think about that, folks.
>>
>But, remember, I'm just a fan of history. Don't listen to me.
>>
>lick my bumhole
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.