[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some must-read books about the Russian Revolution?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1385070345226.jpg (116 KB, 500x714) Image search: [Google]
1385070345226.jpg
116 KB, 500x714
What are some must-read books about the Russian Revolution?
>>
>>1094674
Lenin - The State and Revolution
>>
File: History of the Russian Rev.jpg (347 KB, 436x650) Image search: [Google]
History of the Russian Rev.jpg
347 KB, 436x650
>>
https://archive.org/details/russianturmoilme00deniuoft
>>
Strauss
Pirani
Andrle
Conquest
Wheatcroft
Fitzpatrick
Scissors debate
>>
Are the any films about the revolution that aren't total propaganda?

t. /tv/ pleb
>>
"The Russian Revolution" by Sheila Fitzpatrick gives a great overview of the whole thing.

Sometimes slightly biased but generally its okay

Also anything by Figes gives a solid Liberal perspective and of course Trotsky gives a really strong Soviet perspective
>>
>>1094822
Aдмиpaль (The Admiral)

watch the TV version since the movie version is a shortened cut of the TV version
>>
>>1094822
Nope. All of them are biased for different sides.
>>
>>1094893
I dislike commies but Admiral is propaganda.
>>
>>1094893
I've seen only the movie when it was in cinema. The WWI sequences are bullshit. The reasons for the unrest are not revealed. The love story has the priority above the historical events.
And it would be better not to mess Civil War and October Revolution - those two are pretty different topics.
A good movie about October Revolution is "The heart of Russia" made in 1970something. It's biased for a bit, but gives us a pretty accurate picture of October events in Moscow
>>
>>1094909
Every movie about russian civil war is propaganda, the 1991 is the year of switching sides.
The exceptions are:
Two comrades were serving
The Adjutant of His Excellency
And Quiet Flows the Don
And maybe "Isaev" TV series.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.