[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>nobody died during the cold war, it was boring Anybody else
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
>nobody died during the cold war, it was boring
Anybody else fall for thus highschool meme?
>>
>>1093635
Whats going on in this photo? Why are they fleeing?
>>
>>1093658
North korea had decided to go full gomie and invade the u.n. proxy. The south korean government detonated the bridge to make sure there would be no rapid advance, but there was still a capital full of loyalists. Thousands of people tried to cross the river and most died. Havnt read up on what happened to the citizens of the capital, but going off how the war played out I assume the people that tried to stay in the city where all hamburgers by the end of the war.
>>
>>1093635
Is this even a meme? Plenty of incidents over the years, especially if you include proxy states.

>Axe Murder Incident
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axe_murder_incident
>>
File: 1280px-C-130_60528_MiG.jpg (246 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1280px-C-130_60528_MiG.jpg
246 KB, 1280x853
>>1094245

>60528 Shootdown
http://documents.theblackvault.com/documents/coldwarera/c130/60528s_Last_Flight.pdf
>>
>>1094245
>Several of the special forces men also had claymore mines strapped to their chests with the firing mechanism in their hands, and were shouting at the North Koreans to cross the bridge.[14][15]
Absolute madmen
>>
>>1093635
People exaggerate while teaching. Don't take it too seriously.
>>
>>1093682
why can't they swim? doesn't seem far
>>
>>1093635

I did... in primary.
>>
>>1094286
That's a big river.

It's moving fast.

It's likely cold.

Can't carry possessions across.

Also, almost no one knew how to swim.

Even today in modern France or Germany most people would drown after a minute in a river.
>>
You must have gone to a really shitty high school, or had a really shitty history teacher.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.