[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Define heaven, hell, and what they're like.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 8
File: 1452202834140.gif (394 KB, 275x207) Image search: [Google]
1452202834140.gif
394 KB, 275x207
Well?
>>
Heaven/Gehenna is the spiritual dimension which intersects with the material, but we are blind to it from sin. With more sensitivity to it, the more acutely you become aware of God permeating everything. This is increasingly blissful light if you love God, or increasingly tormenting fire if you hate him.
>>
>>1093479
get that gay shit out of here. this is hell.
>>
>>1093479

This.

God is inescapable. Your soul determines how you experience his all-consuming love.
>>
File: 420 pepe it.jpg (66 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
420 pepe it.jpg
66 KB, 499x499
>>1093479
Far out man.
>>
>>1093472
They are places that do not exist.
>>
>>1093479
>This is increasingly blissful light if you love God, or increasingly tormenting fire if you hate him.
>implying people can only love or hate something, with nothing in between

What an autistic way to view the world
>>
Heaven is a place on Earth
>>
Heaven: Escapist fantasy
Hell: Revenge fantasy
>>
File: carlisle-this_is_heaven_damnit.jpg (24 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
carlisle-this_is_heaven_damnit.jpg
24 KB, 1280x720
>>1094985
Damnit, Belinda.

This isn't far off by some of the more liberal schools of Christianity though, and by "liberal" I don't just mean those of the past century.

Dante, for instance, was accused of pushing for this ideal. ...And if you read between the lines of Dante's Inferno, you really get the impression that what he was describing in the various levels of Purgatory, Hell, and even Heaven, were not physical places of torment - but the state of mind the individuals who commit such sins tend to live in.

So yeah, maybe Heaven is a place on Earth - but so is Hell... And if you look around you, there are a lot more people in various states of mind that represent hell, than there are those who seem to be a blissful stasis of heaven.

Said outlook also fits in well with various Buddhist thoughts on the subject as well. Tie yourself too much to the Earthy pleasures and pursuits of the flesh, and it will take your mind, as it were.

...and even the staunchest atheist will admit these states of mind exist, and can be brought about by excesses such "sinful" behavior.
>>
File: 1460254808200.jpg (1 MB, 1232x1600) Image search: [Google]
1460254808200.jpg
1 MB, 1232x1600
>>1094984
He explicitly said an ever increasing blissful light or an ever increasing tormenting fire.
>>
>>1095005
So this is hell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYVy7ggiLDg

(Keeping in mind that this guy, apparently, never sobered up, and died years later.)
>>
Best explanation right here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLuUDrrP44k
>>
Hell: Any inner city low economic neighborhood with high crime rate.
>>
>>1095026
Then again, I think this was his last performance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvvjiE4AdUI#t=2m42s

Then again, this was his funeral:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWvi_lD6_D4

Fucking Dio man.

More or less agree with him that Hell is a state of being, not necessarily a place of fire and brimstone. But I'm of the school of thought that declaring Jesus divine defeats his entire message, and a lack of credit for divine works gives Christians no true motivation to think of future generations beyond the scope of their immediate children, so what the fuck do I know.
>>
File: Sandwich-orig.png (67 KB, 433x472) Image search: [Google]
Sandwich-orig.png
67 KB, 433x472
>>
>>1093472
More apostasy from the religious. Quit turning your back on reality and accept that you can't know happiness until you embrace truth
>>
Heaven is a paradise where all kind of ecstasy is received and enjoyed.

Hell is a place for demons to be tortured.

Why are demons tortured?

Example: Heheh, let's go to earth and pretend sexual varieties are a sin and enforce it with torture and laws, in the meantime we will have humans believing aberrations like loving your enemies (demons that want to kill and destroy them) so we can get them in trouble with the actual God.

Yeah, the bible has been fucked over.
>>
dunno. never been there.
>>
>>1095052
I don't think that's what construction workers talk about
>>
>>1093472
Good,Bad
>>
>>1093472
There are three heavens. The first is our atmo. The second is our universe. The third is the dimension where God and the angels currently reside.

There is an enormous construction project going on in heaven right now; the construction of the New Jerusalem, a satellite city 2/3 the size of the moon. It is the city you have heard things about; its gates are made of single pearls, its streets are transparent gold, its foundation is layered gems. It is the mountain of God.

And it is coming here, to our atmo, to our first heaven. When Jesus said He was leaving to build mansions for His believers, this is it. This glorious city/sun.

The earth will be lit from its peak, as God is light. The people on earth will be healed from the leaves of the tree of life. A river of life flows through it, watering the earth. The river is flanked by the trees of life, who give off their fruit each month. There is no sorrow there, nothing unholy is allowed through the gates. The riches of the world will be taken as tribute, and the Lord will rule the earth for a thousand years.

Hell, the second death, the final abode for the unbelieving, is described as the outer darkness, the lake of fire, Gehenna. An ever burning trash pit outside of Jerusalem writ large. Hell is currently devoid of citizens; the antichrist and his pope will be the first to be cast in.

Currently there is a two compartmented afterlife, very much as the Greeks depicted it. One side Paradise/Bosom of Abraham, the other side Torment. Hot and miserable, but tolerable. And a gulf between them so that none can cross over.

Everyone in Paradise left with Jesus to heaven almost 2000 years ago; Paradise is empty.

Hades/Sheol is populated by people waiting to be tried, who stand guilty already by reason of their unbelief, and will all be cast into the lake of fire when they fail to prove to God that they are as God is.

There is no purgatory.
>>
>>1094976
This is the problem with modern scientism. It sees all profound musings on the spiritual dimension of life as just drug-induced nonsense.

I can assure you the great Church Fathers of old were above teenage stoners.
>>
>>1095502
>Hades/Sheol is populated by people waiting to be tried, who stand guilty already by reason of their unbelief, and will all be cast into the lake of fire when they fail to prove to God that they are as God is.
So the final judgement will be a gigantic show trial?
>>
>>1095507
To be honest I would guarantee that even today teenage stoner know more about the world than so called fathers of church.
>>
>>1095511
Yes, demanded by the defendants to show God that by their use of the knowledge of good and evil, they are as He is.

Which is what their father, satan, promised them.
>>
>>1095525
I thought you said you were going to be honest.
>>
>>1093472
They probably aren't real.
>>
>>1095536
Live your life as though they are.
>>
>>1095537
Why would I need to do that?
>>
>>1095529
>Which is what their father, satan, promised them.
How are they supposed to know what satan promised them if many of them weren't there when he made the promise or know anything about the original story.
Many of them probably just think some god/gods created us out of the nose of a dead giant or something.
>>
>>1095542
Because you're facing the possibility of an infinitely negative terminal condition.
>>
>>1095561
I don't know how satan's network disseminates data. I just know that people all over the world try to do good, and avoid evil, and thus be "good people".
>>
>>1095533
Don't underestimate thousand years of accumulated knowledge of all humanity.
>>
>>1095571
Your generation cannot tell men from women.
>>
>>1095563
What if you go into hell only if you live your life as if it was real? It is also a possibility. Shouldn't risk here.
>>
>>1095576
Fuck off christain, fuccbois are top-tier.
>>
>>1095568
God is pretty weak if he can't stop that, don't you agree?
>>
>>1095578
You can think that's a likely outcome if you choose.
>>
>>1095576
Of course it can silly anon.
>>
>>1093472
>Hell: Existence
>Heaven: Non-existence.
>>
>>1095581
Who said He cannot stop it?
>>
>>1095588
Why wouldn't he stop it?
>>
>>1095588
People go to hell because of it and he won't do anything.
Dohe want people to go to hell?
>>
>>1095591
Because in His permissive will, free will moral agents are still choosing to believe in Him.

That opportunity is precious.
>>
>>1095596
No, it is not His will that any should go to hell, but that everyone believe in Jesus.

Of course He knows who will and who won't, and has from before the beginning.

Do you want to go to hell?
>>
>>1095597
Except opportunity would be here anyway so your logic have no sense.
>>
>>1095608
No, it won't always be here. It's almost over. This Age is almost finished.
>>
>>1095601
> It is not His will that any should go to hell
It isn't like everyone going to hell by their own choice. So they all went here according to God's will.
>>
>>1095609
> almost finished
Yeah... Like capitalistic system is almost collapsed under the truth of dialectic materialism.
>>
>>1095611
It's absolutely that they are going there by their own choice.

Everyone in hell chose hell over heaven.
>>
>>1095614
No, like the globalists are about to sweep into power.

Everything is happening as the bible said it would.
>>
>>1095576
*nods respectfully towards you*
>>
>>1095622
There is zero mentions of globalists in bible.
>>
>>1095617
> Everyone in hell chose hell over heaven.
God forces anyone who changes their choice to stay in Hell. It is a law that he created.
>>
>>1095623
Give Mom a hug Sunday for raising you properly.
>>
>>1095627
Daniel 7
23 “Thus he said:

‘The fourth beast shall be
A fourth kingdom on earth,
Which shall be different from all other kingdoms,
And shall devour the whole earth,
Trample it and break it in pieces.

Revelation 16:14 For they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
>>
>>1095634
The instant you die you are resurrected in one of two bodies; a body unto shame and destruction in hell, or a body unto glory and life in heaven.

You choose, in this life, which resurrection you will take part in.

Once you die, there is no second chance.
>>
>>1093472
Heaven -
>place for good people
>really good place

Hell
>place for bad people
>really not that good of a place. Bad.
>>
>>1095656
Nope.

Heaven
>Place for the living.

Hell
>Place for the dead.

There are no good people; only God is good. By saying you are a good person, you are saying you are like God.

Good luck proving that to God.
>>
>>1095655
>Once you die, there is no second chance.
Because God forces everyone to stay in hell as I said before. He can give everyone second chance but doesn't want to.
>>
>>1095659
Who tf is God sounds like a dick
>>
>>1095659
> Good luck proving that to God.
This is trivial thing to do. List all your properties or abilities. By definition God could held them all. So you are like God. Q.e.d.
>>
>>1095661
Because reality.

Maybe start dealing with reality. There is no place in heaven for the dead. The dead are separated from God by choice.
>>
>>1095667
Which is why you're asking God to keep Himself away from you, which He will.
>>
>>1095668
And now God lists all of His properties and abilities.

Which of them can you match?
>>
>>1095680
None, can't match what doesn't exist.
>>
>>1095688
Good luck maintaining that illusion.
>>
>>1095673
> Because reality.
Reality is a set of laws created by God. Do you really need to prove my position third time?
>>
>>1095697
Same to you, friend.
>>
His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?"
Jesus said, "It will not come by waiting for it. It will not be a matter of saying 'here it is' or 'there it is.' Rather, the kingdom of the father is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it."
>>
>>1095697
If anything religion proven that you doesn't really need that much luck to maintain absurd illusions.
>>
>>1095701
No, you don't. Because you don't comprehend that it's literally impossible to have living dead people. No matter how much power God has, paradoxes are not accomplished with power.

You would just be better off playing the hand you're dealt, rather than whining at the dealer.
>>
>>1095697
You are the guy who said that heaven isn't created yet right? So I have a question about that. Does that mean that if someone died and went to hell/hades the place that is miserable but tolerable and while they were there regretted their decision could they not pray to God, or ask forgiveness durring the trial at the end to avoid the lake of fire?
>>
>>1095771
Correct. Jesus told a story exactly about this very situation in Luke 16. The certain rich man and the beggar.

This is what the rich man, in Hades, said to Abraham, and Abraham's response:

"And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.’

“Then he said, ‘I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father’s house, for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.’

Abraham said to him, ‘They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.’

And he said, ‘No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’

But he said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.’”

Jesus rose from the dead, and yet many are not persuaded.
>>
>>1095722
> paradoxes are not accomplished with power
God created literally all of the rules. If there exists a possible contradiction then God willed it to be a problem for him. Paradox is merely self-imposed, if you remembers that rules behind it derived from God's will and choice anyway.
>>
>>1095785
To be fair those that actually saw him rise from the dead were persuaded, seeing is believing. Also that rich man isn't in the lake of fire. And it does sound like he does not want to choose the lake of fire and would prefer paradise. And aparently hell isn't seperated from God since you can still talk to him. So why can't you repent after you die, but before the final judgement? It seems cruel to let everyone there wait knowing that they will get a show trial then get the worst punishment ever. I mean the least that God could do is just get it over with and send them to the lake of fire now, to avoid having to wait centuries/millenia of dread knowing your fate.
>>
>>1095808
At this point I can only hope you are being obtuse on purpose.

I have no clue why you care about God making the rules when you're not even attempting to follow them. Any of them. And you're letting your pardon go to waste.
>>
>>1095811
Because the instant you die you are either resurrected unto shame and destruction in a body designed to survive hell forever, or you are resurrected unto glory to live with God forever.

That transformation is permanent. It is Life v Death. The living go on with God into eternity; the dead go on without God into eternity.

Instead of "Why can't God....." maybe a "Why don't I....." is in order.
>>
>>1095854
But thats not true. You can get kicked out of heaven/paradise into hell. It happened to Lucifer if you tried to usurp God you'd get your ass kicked down into the fire. So if someone truly repents and asks for mercy BEFORE a verdict is actually given at the final judgement I think they should be given some clemancy, and not sent into the fire.
>>
>>1093472
Nice fucking job asshole, the fucking autist is here.

LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE FAGGOT. JUST FUCKING LOOK AT THIS SHIT
>>
>2016
>people still believe in Christianity

Literally why? If your autism compels you to be religious, be a deist. There is literally no excuse for following any modern organized religion.
>>
>>1095874
Satan was an angel, not a transformed new creation in Christ Jesus. There is no plan of salvation for any angel.

And there didn't need to be any for any humans, either.

I'll just show you what the bible says, because saying the same thing over and over and over again is kind of insane:

John 3
“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”

Before the trial begins, you stand condemned.
>>
>>1095901
Jesus rose from the dead after claiming to be God.
>>
>>1095888
>checked

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE.
>>
>>1095906
No, he didn't.
>>
>>1095854
The only thing your posting on here in response to the rather complex moral conflicts present in the idea of omnibenevolent + omnipotent deity have done is to convince me that if your deity actually did exist he would be the worst and most terrible tyrannical monster to ever exist.

Nice job you faggot, I now hate a fictional character.
>>
>>1095906
>evidence required

Also, even if you had indisputable evidence that he died and then came back to life, that proves he or someone in his time period had some kind of magic - not that he's god.
>>
>>1095913

Of course He did.
>>
>>1095927
No actually he really didn't, because magic powers don't actually exist in the real world and the only evidence you have to the contrary is a holy book of dubious accuracy and merit.
>>
>>1095849
I follow every rule that created by God. I just ignore homerules that created by bunch of memers under his name. That is totally is optional.
>>
>>1095927
No, he didn't.
>>
>>1095917
Glad I could clarify things for you. In addition, God is not "omnibenevolent", whatever that might be.
>>
>>1095919

Jesus is God.
>>
>>1095936
He did. Actually.
>>
>>1095906
Does he really rose from the dead? Maybe he just fabricated one. Who registered his death anyway?
>>
>>1095940
You just lied. Sorry for your luck.
>>
>>1095953
You can't kill a God.
>>
>>1095941
He did, literally rise from the dead and walking out of His tomb, on the third day as prophesied by Him.
>>
>>1095958
The Roman execution squad that stabbed a spear into His heart.
>>
>>1095962
Can God manifest in the flesh in order to die?
>>
>>1095960
> You just lied.
Because I totally can ignore laws of physics that are only ones that created and enforced by God.
>>
>>1095975
There's this entire body of Moral Law that you have broken at each and every point.
>>
>>1095963
He did not.
>>
>>1095950
>>god is not all good
Okay, great then your deity really likes hurting people who fails to live up to his personal standards then. I would say fuck him, but said deity is fictional so I'll just say fuck you and your endless desire to flood this board with your nonsensical horseshit instead.

>>1095957
No, he didn't.
>>
>>1095953
Wew lad, sure would suck if someone asked you for evidence of that claim, huh?
>>
>>1095980
Did.
>>
>>1095994
Not.
>>
>>1095976
>>Moral Law
>>A bunch of stuff written down by various people of over the years of varying merit.

Hmm, interesting, not seeing any evidence of any divine writing here.
>>
>>1095987
No, you can say it to His face. You will see Him, one way or the other, with your own eyes.
>>
>>1095987
Did.
>>
>>1095991
Wouldn't bother me a bit. He rose from the dead after claiming to be God, and after fulfilling hundreds of prophecies about the coming Messiah, a being Who has to be God in order to do everything the Messiah is to do.
>>
>>1095995
Did too.
>>
>>1096005
>hundreds of prophecies

Literally not even one.
>>
>>1095998
Yeah sure, and when Jupiter fries your ass with a lightning bolt before Mars jams a sword through your torso you'll be real sorry then. You dumb fuck.

>>1095991
Don't bother asking for evidence all he'll do is endlessly quote the bible as though this proves anything to people who don't believe in christianity in the first place.
>>
>>1095997
Then you couldn't have read it at all.

Exodus 20:2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
>>
>>1096010
Literally over 350.
>>
>>1096001
No, he didn't.
>>
>>1096015
Nah. I'll be fine. Nimrod can't touch me.
>>
>>1096022
Did.
>>
>>1096009
Did not.
>>
>>1096015
The bible is literally the authority for all things Jesus.
>>
File: 1433240627315.png (78 KB, 249x250) Image search: [Google]
1433240627315.png
78 KB, 249x250
>>1096018
And that proves absolutely nothing as you have no evidence for divine inspiration of the text in question.
>>
>>1096028
Did.
>>
>>1096032
Not.
>>
>>1096030
It's God speaking.
>>
>>1096035
Did.
>>
>>1096038
Not.
>>
>>1096023
I'm not talking about Nimrod dumbfuck, I'm talking about motherfucking Jupiter, King of the Roman Gods and Mars, Roman God of War. They're so going to spitroast your ass for not believing in them, you faggot.
>>
You people talk about belief like it is a choice, when it is a condition. It isn't that I choose not to believe that I wont win the lottery with this ticket, but I simply cannot belief. The same thing plagues me about religion, my human experience won't let me believe in a Christian God, as I haven't felt like I have experienced anything that would make me believe otherwise. How do you get around that?
>>
>>1095973
Does it really counts if you kill his manifestation? You can't say that you died if I kill your World of Warcraft character for example. Manifesting in a flesh looks to be a more complicated version but the same in its core. You enter in a virtual reality, in this case World of Humans, but you would still exist even if you died and fully experienced death here. Maybe if you are totally trapped here like if you die in game you die in real world sense then death should counts? So... There should be true kind of manifestation and other one which is just some sort of a game for you. I can see how God can truly die in the first case. Mainly because he kind of allowed himself to be killed?
>>
>>1096036
In your mind maybe, in which case I highly recommend seeking help from a professional. Schizophrenia is no joke.
>>
>>1096025
No he did not.
>>
>>1096051
Drugs, the quickest path to Christianity is frying your brain.
>>
>>1096036
Could be anyone pretending to be a God.
>>
>>1096058
damn(ed to eternity) son
>>
>>1096069
That is one potential explanation for the autist over here.
>>
>>1096075
Of what? Reading your posts? This imaginary friend of yours is far worse a character then I could have ever imagined.
>>
>>1096042
Did.
>>
>>1096093
Not.
>>
>>1096045
Yeah. All Nimrod.
>>
>>1096029
Great, too bad that being the authority on a 2000 year old pile of dust in the middle east is worth less then a zimbabwe dollar.
>>
>>1096051
You demand God prove Himself to you, and you don't let up until He does.
>>
>>1096055
Yes. It mattered. I'll lay out why.

All have sinned.
The penalty for sin is death.
Life is in the blood.
Without the shedding of blood, there is no remission of sins.

Jesus took all of our death penalty crimes onto Himself, paid the penalty for all of them, and they're all forgiven.

You only have 1 sin left to avoid, and that sin is Unbelief.
>>
>>1096058
I'm not sure where you process language, but yes, I process language in my mind.

And that was God speaking.
>>
>>1096095
Uhh no. The gods and goddesses of classical mythology are not actually some random character from your bible.

They are also getting real fucking pissed at your blithe dismissal of them and their power. I'd watch out if I was you.
>>
>>1096068

He's alive!
He's alive!
He's alive and I'm forgiven, heaven's gates are open wide!
>>
>>1096111
Schizo detected.
>>
>>1096084
no like he roasted that anon, it was a pun!
>>
>>1096100
wtf does that even mean
>>
>>1096109
> Jesus took all of our death penalty crimes
> You only have 1 sin left to avoid
Wait... How there can still be one sin left if Jesus took all sins for himself? Am I missing something important here?
>>
>>1096072
Nobody can be God but God.
>>
>>1096094
Did.
>>
>>1096097

He's alive. Hence He's not dust. Nor did He see any decay in those three days.
>>
>>1096138
Being one is different from pretending to be one.
>>
>>1096114
They all are, actually. I have the Almighty dwelling within me. I fear no demons.
>>
>>1096117
Look, this thread already has an obnoxious christard within it. We don't need you pretending to be one on top of that.
>>
>>1096120
His sheep know His voice.

It was God that led the Hebrews out of Egypt, whether anyone believes He did or not.
>>
>>1096131
It means that you have a very awkward conversation with God and demand that He prove Himself to you in any way you choose.

And it means to persist until He does.
>>
>>1096149
Alive you say? Sorry I don't think so. Pretty sure we would have noticed the 2000 year old man collecting his social security check.
>>
>>1096149
> He see any decay in those three days.
Maybe he was alive all that time? Just used divine powers to survive wounds that would be fatal of all ordinary humans? Or bacterias just respected him and his corpse? Could be either way I guess.
>>
>>1096134

He would not, will not, and cannot force you to love Him, or believe in Him. He is Love, not Rape.

He left you free to reject Him, to claim your right to Unbelief and stay separated from Him and everything He is, forever.

You are a free will moral agent with a choice to make. For Jesus, or Against Jesus. Your future hinges on your choice.
>>
>>1096155
Yup. No pretend God parted the Red Sea, and no pretend God drowned the Egyptian army after the Hebrews safely crossed. No pretend God wrote the 10 Commandments with His finger in stone, and no pretend God gave His people food to eat from heaven every day.
>>
>>1096158
You would be wise to listen.
>>
>>1096163
> His sheep know His voice.
So... How he sounds? Deep and low? With accent or maybe slightly femine?
>>
>>1096173
He's not where you can see Him, and He's immortal and eternal. (I'm not invisible either, but you can't see me.)

Now what?
>>
>>1096156
>>They all are, actually.
No they are not. This was a xtian smear of other belief systems from way back when.

>>I have the Almighty dwelling within me
No you don't, and if you did, I would hope said almighty at least has the decency to be using a condom.

>>I fear no demons
Neither do I, as demons like all other supernatural things are fictional.

>>1096163
Dude, this is especially dumb as it is highly unlikely the jews were ever egyptian slaves to begin with.
>>
>>1096109
>yeah let's give everyone a burden of sin from the moment of their birth, no matter how arbitrary it is
>no no you don't have any choice, enjoy your sin
>look i paid the penalty for your sin, now worship me maggot

It seems christian god is a massive asshole
>>
>>1096183
Yeah, because none of that stuff actually happened.

>>1096193
Now I call bullshit on your invisible imaginary friend who lives in some sort of alternate dimension or some shit.
>>
>>1096183
Could be any demon or other such entity. Satan is powerful enough to wipe entire cities and trick any human to believe him. Who knows how many also powerful enough beings can exist trying to trick all humans to worship them.
>>
>>1096176
That's the "swoon" theory, and it depends on the bible lying about everything.

It also depends upon the failure of a Roman execution squad to carry out their orders, which of course would be their own deaths.

It also depends on a spear going into a man's heart, water and blood separately coming out, and the man not being dead.
>>
>>1096188
Young, enthusiastic, encouraging with a wry sense of humor packaged in a still, small, quiet voice.
>>
>>1096196
There's only For Jesus and Against Jesus.

I have Jesus' Spirit in me, and fear no Against Jesus gods.

Greater is He that is in me than they who are in the world.
>>
>>1096196
>Dude, this is especially dumb as it is highly unlikely the jews were ever egyptian slaves to begin with.

Which is why I added "whether anyone believes it or not". There's plenty of extra-biblical evidence, and more being dug up every day.
>>
>>1096201
Nope. Dead babies go to heaven.

When you reach the age where you know you're a sinner and don't do anything about it? You're on your own.

Your sin is your own.
>>
>>1096143
Not.
>>
>>1096211

You can do as you like. It only effects you.
>>
>>1096212
Nope. 'twas the Almighty that led the Hebrews out of captivity, and 'twas the Almighty that led them in.
>>
>>1096252
Did.
>>
>>1096244
No there isn't.

>>1096239
>>There is only me and the voices in my head
Fixed.
>>
>>1096224
> It also depends on a spear going into a man's heart, water and blood separately coming out, and the man not being dead.
Doesn't seems to be that out of place compared to resurrection after a certain and confirmed death. It would be a miracle one way or an another. Maybe it doesn't matter what exact miracle it was.
>>
>>1096261
It could be or could be someone who pretended to be one.
>>
>>1096261
Except no, because the hebrews were never egyptian slaves to begin with.
>>
>>1096263
Sure there is.
>>
>>1096269
I'm not sure you're at the same place I am on this.

If Jesus did not die, none of our sins are forgiven and mankind en toto is going to hell.
>>
>>1096280
Not so much, no.

>>1096285
They were, actually. Why do you think they celebrate Passover faithfully every year for the past 3500 years?
>>
>>1096305
No there isn't, the exodus story in particular is only seriously advocated by cranks nowadays. The broad consensus among the people who know what they're talking about in archaeology is that the jews were never taken prisoner by egypt.
>>
>>1096316
>>They were, actually. Why do you think they celebrate Passover faithfully every year for the past 3500 years?
Because cultural and religious traditions have little if anything to do with actual facts?
>>
>>1096308
Can we confirm that out sins are forgiven?
>>
>>1096324
>muh appeal to authority
>muh denial of all the evidence
>>
>>1096328
kek

Is this how you live your life? Solipsism?
>>
>>1096331
Yes.

In the OT, when a sacrifice was accepted, the smoke from the sacrifice when directly up into the sky.

Under the New Testament, where Jesus broke His body and shed His blood to purchase our forgiveness, His resurrection proves that the Father found the sacrifice sufficient.

Had Jesus not taken the least of any sins of any person, and died a sinner, He would not have been the perfect sacrifice.

And God demands perfection.
>>
>>1096342
Says the guy who's only evidence for his claims is "the bible says so".

I have a bunch of smart people who've actually investigated this shit for years, and they say there is little if any evidence for the jewish exodus into egypt.

>>1096345
Cry more, bitch nigger. The historical claims of the old testament are on really shaky ground at best.
>>
>>1096408
I have far more evidence than the absolutely accurate and precise and transcendent Word of God. But it's subjective, so I don't tell you about it.

Illpuwer papyrus. Chariot wheels in Al Aqaba. Stone monument on the other side of Al Aqaba erected by Solomon. Hebrew pottery found in the Land of Goshen. The Hyskos people walking in and taking over Egypt right after the Exodus, without any opposition.

Yeah, it's out there.

The bible's claims are founded on the Rock that is Jesus Christ, the Creator of the universe.
>>
>>1096434
>>A century of research by archaeologists and Egyptologists has found no evidence which can be directly related to the Exodus captivity and the escape and travels through the wilderness,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus

You're full of shit.

>>Illpuwer papyrus.
>>The "Ipuwer Papyrus" is thought to have been written in the Thirteenth dynasty of Egypt (18th century BCE), and certainly no earlier than the 12th Dynasty.[48][49] Written in the form of a dialogue, the sage Ipuwer accuses both the creator-god Ra and the king of having neglected their roles, as a result of which the social order is overturned and disasters fill the land.[50] Ipuwer has been put forward in popular literature as an Egyptian confirmation of the exodus account, most notably because of its statement that "the river is blood" and its frequent references to servants running away, but these arguments ignore the many points on which Ipuwer contradicts Exodus, such as the fact that Ipuwer's Asiatics are arriving in Egypt rather than leaving, and the likelihood that that the "river is blood" phrase refers to the red sediment colouring the Nile during disastrous floods.[51] Scholars have identified this and similar works (Ipuwer being the most ambitious) as examples of a common Egyptian literary genre, with little or no basis in historical events.[52]

You're still full of shit.

>>The Hyskos
>>The Hyksos ruled over the Nile Delta in the 2nd millennium BCE until expelled by the Egyptians.[53] While they had nothing to do with the Jews, it is possible that a vague memory of these events may have formed the basis for the Israelite exodus tradition.[54][55]

Again, you are full of shit.
>>
>>1093472
Whatever the people with the most power want it to be.
>>
>>1096485
The fact that you don't know how sketchy Egyptian dating is makes me kind of giggle.
>>
>>1096485
>Ipuwer Papyrus

http://ohr.edu/838

Here's how it lines up with Exodus.
>>
>>1096576
If it's sketchy why is the bible banging dumbfuck in here pretending like he has some sort of reliable evidence for it that doesn't originate in either his supposed sacred text or his own demented daydreams?
>>
>>1096585
>explains why modern scholars reject preimis.

>N-No! its true! look at this totally non bias comparison put together on a religious site!

You know things like floods and plagues were a regular occurrence in the ancient world?
Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.