[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>where everything went wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: reeeee.png (117 KB, 285x639) Image search: [Google]
reeeee.png
117 KB, 285x639
>>
>>1091585
Did it affect the outcome of the war at all?
>>
>>1094663
Did France take over Egypt?
>>
>>1091585
Eden rejecting the proposed Franco-British Union in 1957 for favour of establishing the EEC, which paved the way for a Franco-German cooperative institution in Europe, and isolating Britain from both Europe and the former Empire.
>>
>>1094690
Egypt, yes
>>
>>1094690
>>1094872
They lost control right at the end of the campaign iirc
>>
File: 1441870982199.png (47 KB, 501x673) Image search: [Google]
1441870982199.png
47 KB, 501x673
>>1091585
>dfw the British save the Turks everytime
>even after dismantling the Ottomans efficitvely allow the Turks to take back Constantinople unapposed
>PErfidious albion confirmed for T*rk lovers
>>
>>1098348
*Turkroaches lovers
>>
>>1098348

>balance of power doctrine
>anon doesn't get how infinitely more convenient it is to have a weak but massive empire as an ally than superpower france/russia as an enemy poised to take over the entire continent and challenge british naval dominance in and out of the mediterranean
>>
>>1098393

>>>/pol/ is that-a-way anon
>>
>>1098348
>>even after dismantling the Ottomans efficitvely allow the Turks to take back Constantinople unapposed

we beat the greeks and english "had to" give it back. i repeat, "had to". you can't flim flam the mustafa kemal
>>
>>1098348
>Be Greek
>Given back Greek Bits of Ottoman Empire after WWI
>Barely even participated in WWI and its military is whole.
>Lose to Turks
Also blame France as well. Nobody "allowed" Turks to have it. All the fucking powers were tired after 4 years of war.
>>
File: 423567842.png (189 KB, 329x1376) Image search: [Google]
423567842.png
189 KB, 329x1376
>>1091585
>>
>>1094690
Acre is in Palestine. Napoleon reached Acre and attempted to take it but the British were ferrying in supplies and reinforcements. The French could defeat the Turks in any pitched battle (look up Mount Tabor, off the top of my head less than a thousand French defeating 35000 Turks) but they eventually wasted away from disease and hunger. Napoleon couldn't take Acre and was forced to abandon Egypt.

He later said of the British admiral who commanded the relief fleet,
"If it weren't for that man I'd be Emperor of the East."
>>
>>1100085
Where did we go wrong, the Fuhrer's gone,
We went too far with the Lebensraum,
I would've Sieg Heiled beside the Rhine,
Had I known, how to save the Reich
>>
>>1098619
I'd rather have Russians dominating the Mediterranean than britbongs desu
>>
>>1094720
>eu is ebil meme
>Britain being isolated by anybody else except by their own choices like the "brexit" meme

Edgy.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.