[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't the Japanese get sick when Europeans started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1462163142043.png (177 KB, 664x520) Image search: [Google]
1462163142043.png
177 KB, 664x520
Why didn't the Japanese get sick when Europeans started coming to Japan?
>>
they were immunized against the plague because they descended from asia
>>
Nippon stronk
>>
Because they weren't entirely isolated from Europe for any of their history. Nothing in the old world was, except maybe Australia and other isolated Oceanian loci.

Trade had been occurring indirectly between Japan and Europe for who knows how long. The Bubonic Plague, for example, came from somewhere in northern Asia.
>>
Their katanas folded 1,000 times over were able to slice through smallpox.
>>
>>1091185
Is this bait or do you not understand basic concepts.
>>
They did.

Well, lots of the women did. Lots and lots of them.

Their bellies became distended over a 9 month period then went back to their normal size.
>>
>>1091185
When Euronigs came to Asia, it was them that was susceptible to disease (i.e. Spics and Dutch dying of Malaria in Southeast Asia)
>>
>>1091216
Sadly their children were permanently deformed by the disease.
>>
>>1091216
True. Being Portuguese is a disease.
>>
>>1091185
Japan is old world.
>>
The Japanese suffered a massive smallpox epidemic in the 8th century that wiped out a third of the population. There were several other smaller, though still massive, small pox epidemics in the coming centuries.

This served as an innoculation, and with Japanese forcing the Europeans to small trading posts, prevented major disasters that came with European colonialsim elsewhere.
>>
File: 1459358563693.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1459358563693.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>1091196
>>
>>1091185

GLORIOUS JAPANESE IMMUNE SYSTEM FOLDED 1000 TIMES
>>
>>1091216

Holy shit, this got me thinking.

Can you imagine being a half European mutt in feudal Japan? Must've had /r9k/-tier issues, if not much worse.
>>
>>1091255
Ironically the Japanese themselves did decimate the Ainu by importing diseases well into the modern era.
>>
>>1091849
half-japs half-whites look like cool japs though, like that american-jap samurai clint eastwood guy
>>
>>1091849

>Half European
>Not getting unlimited Jap pussy
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.