[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zoroastrianism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 2844473_orig.jpg (93 KB, 800x526) Image search: [Google]
2844473_orig.jpg
93 KB, 800x526
Tell me about Zoroastrian influence on the Bible. What are the most significant parallels? What are the implications for Judaism and Christianity?
>>
>>1090047
>Monotheism
>God is good the devil is bad
>Alterism is good
>Sin is bad
>God will win in the end
>Pagan gods are tools the devil employs to trick you into commiting sin
>>
File: images (2).jpg (18 KB, 451x326) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
18 KB, 451x326
>>1090047
Looks like their attire is inspired from muslims
>>
From 'Zoroastrian Saviour Imagery and its Influence on the New Testament'

>"The title Sosyant can be translated Redeemer or Saviour, and the form of the word shows that the work of the figure lies in the future. The title is used both in the plural and singular forms in the Hymns of Zoroaster [...] Nevertheless in the singular it definitely refers to the eschatological saviour who will be born of a virgin at the end of the world, but who will also be a son of Zoroaster. His task is to restore the world, which involves defeat of the demons, raising the dead, assembling men for judgement, and the administration of the same. All this means a return to the primeval state which existed before the assault of Ahriman"
>>
>>1090066
With the notable exceptions of Unitarians and Jehovah's a Witnesses, Christianity IS NOT monotheistic.
>>
>>1090134
Bait

>>1090108
>>1090066
Also bait
>>
>>1090047
>mfw I can't be a Zoroastrian because I wasn't born one
>>
Almost everything
>>
Almost nothing
>>
Zoroastrianism was the first religion with a cosmic battle between dark and light, with a potential ultimate victory for light. This was revolutionary at the time, with most religious teachings being about a constant alteration between dark and light.

This cosmic battle between good and evil, with evil ultimately being destroyed completely is pretty much the backbone of the whole of Abrahamic religion
>>
Zoroaster was just one of many prophets sent to expand and translate the word of God
>>
>>1090588
That's only the Parsis.
>>
Watch Zeitgeist, you will get the redpill
>>
>>1092005
See >>1092022
>>
>>1090047
You were in the other thread and you know you stated this backwards.
>>
>>1092270
>you know you stated this backwards.
What do you mean?
>>
Angels, heaven, hell
>>
>>1092311
There isn't even any bait on that hook.
>>
>>1090090
lort
>>
>>1090090
Astonishing how many fucking morons there are on this board.

Kill yourself immediately.

Never compare an Aryan religion with Semitics ones. Ever.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.