[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did the majority of people through out history really never go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1461638854956.jpg (120 KB, 634x876) Image search: [Google]
1461638854956.jpg
120 KB, 634x876
Did the majority of people through out history really never go beyond 10 km of their home town/village in their life or is this just a name? I kind of find it hard to believe given how much trade took place in the ancient world.
>>
>>1085429
The majority of humans who have ever lived were nomadic, so no
>>
>>1085432
More human are alive today than have ever existed before 1900 AD.
>>
>>1085432
"History" implies recorded history so hunter gatherer ooga boogas days obviously don't count fag
>>
>>1085435
That is entirely untrue. Approximate number of people who have ever lived is about 125 billion
>>
>>1085436
Even then its still true
>>
>>1085429
Well if you were a low born peasant, farmer, serf, whatever you want to call it, you probably didn't leave your village often. If you did it would be to the local town to sell your produce.

Anyone else would travel a fair bit, merchants especially. Students would often go to study in another country as well in medieval times.

The world was well connected, just because they didn't have cars or planes didn't mean everyone was stuck in their country, the earth isn't that big, maybe a journey took 1 month instead of 1 day but 1 month is still well within someones life span isn't it.
>>
OP, if that was the case civilizations would have never spread.
Ipso facto; you're wrong and lack awareness.
>>
>>1085460
I like the way you think civilisations are biologically implicit.

Jesus fuck do your degree before you post again.
>>
>>1085460
People spread by building their houses 10 km from where there parent lived, and repeating that for thousands of generations
>>
>>1085467
>I like the way you think civilisations are biologically implicit.
That is nonsense and I said nothing of the sort.

I said:
>OP, if that was the case civilizations would have never spread.
>Ipso facto; you're wrong and lack awareness.

Not
> civilisations are biologically implicit.

>Jesus fuck do your degree before you post again.
I have a degree in Epistemology and in Sociology.
>>
>>1085471
this is a retarded idea
>>
>>1085441
Not at the same time, which is the point of this anon said >>1085435
>>
>>1085441
Citation Needed
>>
File: 4924141-9919713351-1000.png (751 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
4924141-9919713351-1000.png
751 KB, 960x540
>>1085436
hunter gatherer ooga boogas built Gobleki Tepe

>>1085473
>I have a degree in Epistemology and in Sociology.

Good lord you wasted your life.

Your post reminded me of Gorilla city, a hidden city deep in the Congo never seen by human eyes.

And like any myth of an isolated civilization, completly fictional.
>>
>>1085429
I checked my family tree and I got ancestors from Germany, Denmark, probably a bunch of Spanish and Dutch. The paternal line stayed in a more or less the same place but from official documents I can see they occasionally moved quite a bit.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.