[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do history end and where do "nowadays" begin?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: videogametimeline.jpg (450 KB, 2500x1000) Image search: [Google]
videogametimeline.jpg
450 KB, 2500x1000
Where do history end and where do "nowadays" begin?
>>
If the sticky is anything to abide to, then it is 25 years.
>>
>>1070837
Personally, I think it becomes "nowadays" at the 1900s. We should be able to talk about stuff past that point of course, but it's a fundamentally different atmosphere. Saying a nation did an atrocity 200 years ago is largely meaningless to the people today. but stuff like the Armenian Genocide is still politicized even now. And if you are willing to venture past some of the few debates left by the world war, you get the ongoing controversies like "Was a state for Jewish people in Arabia a good idea?"
>>
>>1070837
>Where do history end

The present moment. History is as much a treatment of sources and a method or understanding as it is a time period, historical methods can be applied to any event no matter how recent.
>>
>>1070837
The end of the Napoleonic wars.

The 1800s is very modern seeming compared to earlier periods.
>>
>>1070837
Last Thursday
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.