[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did child birth effect life of Hunters and Gatherers and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1460759641677.png (221 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1460759641677.png
221 KB, 500x375
How did child birth effect life of Hunters and Gatherers and in general, life before civilization? I imagine that death for both the mother and child must have been very high due to lack of developed medicine of any kind.
>>
>>1068074
Childbirth was the number one killer of humans before the modern era (if you not feminist and count babies as humans.)

Still childbirth was mostly safe and the death rates for women were still lower then that of men. So its risks weren't that much higher then the general mortality of any period.
>>
>>1068074
>lack of developed medicine
>implying
>>
>>1068088
Babies are human if they have Y chromosome.
>>
>>1068074
Weren't hunter-gatherers healthier on average than agricultural societies?
>>
>>1068339
Depends on what you mean by "healthy". They were less likely to get disease, but they were also constantly on the edge of starvation
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.