[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What religion has undergone the most reform? I know at least
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 6160---base_image_4.1424267672.jpg (111 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
6160---base_image_4.1424267672.jpg
111 KB, 800x600
What religion has undergone the most reform?
I know at least personally people have different religious beliefs than what is in scripture but what about on a global scale? Are there any cases of a religion going through a reform in the last couple of decades? Century?
>>
The rise of Caodai is interesting, christianity is contantly mutating and mormons are currently slowly shifting into a religion of their own.
>>
>>1067242
Catholics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Vatican_Council#Key_Content_and_Issues

Mormonism
http://20truths.info/mormon/doctrine.html

Islam
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salafi_movement

Bonus

Jehovahs witnesses
Dont have a source on it but they have changed the nature of their evangilism away from door knocking.
>>
>>1067242
Oh and to answer this

>What religion has undergone the most reform?

Hinduism and all those syncretic eastern belief systems which dont have that ingrained dogma you get in Abrahamic faiths
>>
>>1067263
>away from door knocking.

why do they keep visiting me then
>>
>>1067263
Salafi movement is just islam recoiling.
At the end of the "golden age" they did a similar shift.
Its like they go through circles of mohammedan durkaisation and more open minded monotheism.
>>
>>1067275
>why do they keep visiting me then
Which country/state are you in? I know that this is certianly the method they are moving towards in Australia.

>>1067290
For the sake of simplicity on the OPs part I was working on reform being change.
>>
>>1067333
ok if im not hairsplitting then you are right, Ill give you that.

Now all the far eastern religions getting adapted in the west and washed out and creating lots of esoteric bullshit may be another example.

Also this:
http://atimes.com/2016/04/xi-signals-new-party-stance-on-religion-via-subtle-change-in-words-sisci/
The chinese will seek to sinifie their rising christian population or other designed religious currents.
>>
>>1067350
>Now all the far eastern religions getting adapted in the west and washed out and creating lots of esoteric bullshit may be another example.

Exactly but they are so fragmented its hard to provide the kind of info the OP wants and avoid the schims/reform argument.

>The chinese will seek to sinifie their rising christian population or other designed religious currents.

Given their history with Christianity (a protestant uprising that resulted in 20-30 million deaths) as well as their concerns with Islam I think its more an idea of trying to control religions with political potential. If it was just a nationalist issue then they probably would have left the Fulan Gong alone who have probably coped some of the heaviest repression of any group
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.