[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this I found quite interesting. A reconstructed, much more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7
So this I found quite interesting.

A reconstructed, much more form-fitted mail than the baggy chainmail we're used to from movies, reenactment and such. This looks a lot more like the type of mail we see in paintings from the era, with the relatively tight coif and tight enough structure for muscles to actually be visible through the chains.
>>
Looks like it might restrict movement a lot?
>>
This is with very little padding below the mail, one layer of wool and one layer of linen. A gambeson or similar can be worn over the mail to increase padding.
>>
>>1062248
Chain is more nimble than you'd think.

This is him in a position that is pretty demanding for the arm and armpit.
>>
>>1062240

That's Arne Koets. He knows what he's doing.

Modern reenactors over pad the fuck out of their armour because they're facing a different threat and have a different idea of what level of injury is acceptable.
>>
>>1062248
>>1062274
High position
>>
Riding position

>>1062276
Yep, that's the guy. Mail tailored by a guy called Isak Krogh.
>>
>>1062240
Does he wear some sort of padding underneath?
>>
>>1062240
Holy shit, when mail is tailored to the owner it actually seems to work a lot better?

Who would have thought?
>>
>>1062240
I'll tell you this... I'm a rugby prop... and for reanactments, we are frequently used because we have the body that a medieval army would have... and man... I would never fight in that... fuck that, I need my jaw and fingers free... the former for communication and the latter to handle weapons...
>>
>>1063587
all these ellipses make your comment sound like Dan Carlin desu

>and man
>COULD YOU EVEN IMAGINE
>fighting.....in that....folks
>>
>>1063603
Needs sports analogies
>It was like these guys in this incredibly capable armor came down from a higher league
>When you're competing with a guy who's armored head to toe in nimble, protective mail, you're gonna have a hard time keeping up, let alone beating him
>>
>>1062248
Nope.
>>
>>1063603
ageeeeen and ageeeen
>>
>>1063587

>he thinks medieval reenactment is anything like actual medieval battle
>he thinks he knows more about medieval armour than Arne Koets
>>
File: least intelligent.png (197 KB, 1190x906) Image search: [Google]
least intelligent.png
197 KB, 1190x906
>>1063587
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.