[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was the best US president, and why was it FDR?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: fdr.jpg (49 KB, 620x730) Image search: [Google]
fdr.jpg
49 KB, 620x730
Who was the best US president, and why was it FDR?
>>
>>1043020
>Who was the luckiest US president, and why was it FDR?

ftfy
>>
>>1043020
You got Andrew Jackson's initials wrong.
>>
>>1043020
>literally supplied the army of the greatest threat to USA an enabled it to conquer half of europe and almost nuke the shit out of the US
>greatest president

Meanwhile
>BUSH SUPPLIED SOME TERRORISTS IN IRAQ THAT MIGHT HAVE ENDED UP BEING ISIS IN SOME FORM
>HES THE WORST

propaganda is a very powerful weapon.
>>
>>1043058
Andrew Jackson was a shitty fucking president, if you're gonna call someone the best president as a fucking meme just because they were super manly then just choose an actual good president like Theodore Roosevelt.

In fact, we should remove Andrew Jackson from the other half of twenties and replace him with Teddy Roosevelt
>>
>>1043162
Yeah dude we should've let the USSR get fucked that way Germany could get to the Caucus Mountains and take all their oil man and then proceed to steamroll over even more of the world, great idea man
>>
>>1043201
I support that last bit. Andrew Jackson has no business being on a bill.

Teddy and Ike deserve spots.
>>
>>1043020
fuck this guy he ruined American politics with his populist shit.

Coolidge and Hoover ftw
>>
>>1043206
Hitler had literally zero westward ambition.

If he won he would have asked the Churchill resign and write his memoirs in peace. Returned occupied france to the french since it wasn't needed to defend the brits. Let Stalin continue to lead the USSR in the land east of Moscow.

Poland RIP tho.
>>
>>1043214
>Andrew Jackson has no business being on a bill.

He'd probably agree. Why is Jackson on a bill anyway?
>>
>>1043032
>FDR
>luckiet
He inherited the worst time in American history, mate
>>
>>1043214
Yeah like honestly, George Washington and Abraham Lincoln are on two pieces of money.

We should just ditch the penny, fuck that worthless piece of shit. Scrub out Andrew Jackson and Harriet Tubman from the 20, like honestly if they were gonna choose a woman just to choose a woman then they should have chosen Eleanor Roosevelt. But put Teddy on the twenty, get rid of Grant on the 50, he didn't really do anything, he didn't even defeat Robert E Lee at Gettysburg that was someone else, and replace him with Ike.
We could boot off Washington from either the quarter or the one dollar bill and replace him with like Kennedy? Truman? I'm not sure, Kennedy wasn't in office very long so it's really hard to say how good he was and I don't know too much about Truman. I mean they weren't bad presidents but now I'm realizing the US has only had about 10ish great presidents, and like 10 okay presidents, and the rest were trash.
[spoiler]Nixon is hated on for his scandal but he was honestly pretty good policy and leadership wise[/spoiler]
>>
>>1043241
this guy learned all his history from tv and public school.

bet he has never cracked open a historical non-fiction book in his life.
>>
>>1043231
there's no guarantee that ANY of the new deal policies would have worked out if it wasn't for the war. The United States' place as the biggest manufacturer while the rest of the allied powers were besieged pumped a fuckton of capital into the states. All other markets were strangled off while the US was unscathed. A lot of economists believe that his policies extended the great depression as well (I'm iffy on this but it's worth mentioning).

He was a great man, a great politician, and a great leader, but it was the war that cemented him as 'the greatest ever'
>>
>>1043241
>Nixon
>good leader

holy fuck you are retarded
>>
>>1043241
>implying 23 leaders of a superpower were trash

more like 10 were good, the middle bunch were serviceable, and 5-6 are viewed negatively by the public
>>
>>1043020
FUCK FDR

Marijuana is federally bannable because FDR pushed through an unconstitutional law that allows the government to regulate corn that is grown on your property for your private consumption as "interstate commerce" because your not buying corn affects the market. It's a gross expansion of the federal government and FDR should be remember as a traitor to the federal system.
>>
>>1043229
>Jackson hated fucking banks
>The Federal fucking Reserve puts him on a bank note
>Now that he's being moved from the front people the people that like Jackson the most want to keep him on the front so Jackson can continue his decades-long spinning in his grave

its really funny
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.