[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What historical figure was the closest to Conan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: ConantheBarbarian.jpg (30 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
ConantheBarbarian.jpg
30 KB, 800x450
What historical figure was the closest to Conan?
>>
I guess any of the semi-mythical figures.

Greek: Trojan war heroes and the Argonauts
Russian: Ilya Muramets (confirmed historical figure) and other Bogatyrs
>>
Probably that fucker who killed like 50 Saxons on the bridge at the battle of Stanford bridge
>>
David in The Bible.
Starts out trying to save his people from invaders, becomes a brave and noble warrior king.
>>
>>1036531
That viking was made up bullshit. Where were the archers? And it's said some guy in a barel swimmed under the bridge and stabbed him in the balls so that's even less believable than Saxon archers magically disappearing.
>>
>>1036542
You have to admit its a pretty cool story though. Also, they were hardly going to use a whole volley to kill 1 man who was surrounded by saxons were they?
>>
>>1036513
AUGGGH YOU TOOOK MEIN FATHER'S SWORRRD
>>
>>1036570
Yeah that's the fucking thing with all viking badasses they are all ''legendary'' we might as well say Greeks were ultimate badasses because of Heracles and Achilles.
>>
>>1036542
>Saxon
>archers
>>
>>1036646
The asshole was said to ignore arrows so I guess he didn't tell his own friends to fucking shoot him in the back to look cooler.
>>
Canute the Great, I guess.
>>
>>1036513
he is basically a nordic hercules
>>
>>1036711
He is based on Celts actually. At least the book one.
>>
>>1036726

the movie on the other hand goes for a very Sword and Sandals vibe
>>
Uh, some dudebro in China became emperor because he was just so badass and likeable
>>
R1b1a2a Guy
>>
Attila the Hun
>>
>>1036513
Lord Guan....
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.