[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>private ownership of the means of production is a totally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
>private ownership of the means of production is a totally fair and balanced institution
>there are people who legitimately believe this
>>
>>1009857
>there are people who believe people believe this
>>
Strawman. Free marketeers don't believe it's balanced; they believe greater economic growth regardless of who benefits is a better policy than more balanced economic growth with "chosen" winners.
>>
>>1009882
>if I own things it's better than if you own things

Kek people are really dumb
>>
>public ownership of the means of production is achievable
>post-scarcity is a thing
>we need to get rid of money
>private property is the worst thing ever
>there are people who legitimately believe this
You don't even need to be Friedman-tier to smell this bullshit. Even Keynes would've slapped you across the face for saying this.
>>
>>1009882

if someone else is winning i can't win 1 trillion dollars
>>
>>1009857
There is no such thing. If you demanded that the various brands of pasta sauce were placed in a fair and balanced way in the supermarket, how would this be accomplished? One day on the left, one on the right?

So long as resources are scarce (ie finite) there will be an unequal distribution of resources. When we ask the question: how do we distribute property in a way that maximizes human happiness? Private ownership is always the answer, because any other system of distribution inherently disincentivizes productivity. When we act in self interest (work to pay cell phone bills, buy nice car, eat good food), we are also serving the interests of the public.
>>
>>1009981
We gonna share pussy too, cuck. Y should I care about you?
>>
>>1009981
>Implying you can't own things too
>>
>>1011535
Good thing the distribution of men and women is 50/50 so we don't have to ;-)
>>
>>1011559
>can own a car
>can't own factories
Why do retards think just anyone can go start a business? Not everyone can be an entrepreneur
>>
File: shruglife_fullpic_1.jpg (50 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
shruglife_fullpic_1.jpg
50 KB, 550x400
>>1009857
Private ownership is the only way to ensure that someone cares about something and takes responsibility for it.
>>
>>1011776
>>
>>1011742
>I'll just entrepreneur myself the bricks in my house and entrepreneur myself the spinach right onto on my plate!
>>
>>1009981
>if I own things, it's better than if you murder me and divide my things between 10 people who don't know how they work
fixed
>>
File: 93374.png (136 KB, 425x1000) Image search: [Google]
93374.png
136 KB, 425x1000
>people other than me own things

you have some wild ideas op
>>
>>1011827
Stirner is my favorite maymay.
>>
>>1009882
But the entire point of capitalism is that there are chosen winners
>>
>>1011847
Exactly.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.