[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else here new to animation? I'm ok with Adobe An,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: coffee5.png (15 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
coffee5.png
15 KB, 1680x1050
Anyone else here new to animation?
I'm ok with Adobe An, but I simply don't have them monies to dish up every month so I came here asking if there were cheaper, or even free alternatives I could use to hone my skillz?
pic unrelated, it's a pic I made minor edits to to be better for using as a desktop
>>
>>268020
>new to animation?
Been animating for the last 10 years
>Adobe An
Never tried it since I despise Flash. I use AfterEffects and ToonBoom (which can both be easily torrented).
>free alternatives
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/tech/toonz-software-used-studio-ghibli-futurama-made-free-open-source-138111.html
>>
>>268066
Do you think its worth it to pay for the creative suite?
>>
>>268120
only if you cash out while doing so. for example if you use the entire suite and not just ps/ai and/or if your clients and potential clients have a way of noticing that you are using the best and update software package for gd.
>>
>>268120
You can get the student edition of the creative suite (all apps) for $20/m for the first year.
>>
>>268066
Flash is fantastic if you know how to use it. Check out some of the shit Terkoiz made entirely on Flash.
>>
>>268190
Doesn't really mean anything, software is never the limitation, unless it is literally too retarded to let you draw frame-by-frame. A good artist/animator can make amazing stuff by using charcoal on paper, doesn't mean it is the preferred tool.

Also, Terkoiz is intermediate-tier at best. What I see on his youtube is the kind of stuff I would expect from the finals project of an average or maybe below-average animation student.
>>
>>268120
>Do you think its worth it to pay for the creative suite?
Not really, just pirate a chigliu version of it.
Unless what this anon said >>268136
If you get paranoid about pirating stuff, just learn Toonz or other free software.

>>268190
I'm not implying that you can't do good stuff with it. I just dislike it and find below average in terms of what you can do with it compared with other software. ToonBoom has pretty sweet stuff like automating lip-sync and you can do pretty much anything in Ae.
>>
>>268020
>>268066
>>268120
>>268136
>>268174
>>268190
>>268198
>>268203
OP here, thanks for the info.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.