[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Olympic emblem Candidate.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 12
File: mages.jpg (382 KB, 1620x1080) Image search: [Google]
mages.jpg
382 KB, 1620x1080
Which do you like?
>>
>>265278
B without the shine on what I'm assuming is gold.
>>
Kudos to the designer getting paid for this but is there really a reason for each olympic games to have it's own logo?

Eventually we're gonna run out of ideas. Judging by OP's image, we already did.
>>
B, but the Paralympic version like too much like a generic Pepsi knockoff.
>>
>>265284
ooooohhh snap

I prefer group B, the first one.
>>
A seems too bland and abstract

B too basic and too much negative space

C looks like it was made in MS Paint and the colours seem to suggest France and Italy

D is about the best of a poor bunch. Best font as well
>>
>>265287
this

i am all for the D
>>
>>265278
D
>>
>>265278
A is a good logo for something no one gives a fuck about or for something extremely formal/conservative. Because it's boring as fuck.

B is probably the best-looking logo. However, I'm not sure how it reflects Japan. Also the guy looks like he's been squashed by a wheel, or stuck inside a washing machine.

C is gross

D is OK, but the sun or whatever this golden spiky thing is in the center doesn't look very Japanese to me. The rest does remind me of their traditional art though.
>>
B is best of a meh bunch
>>
>>265287
>>265293
>>265297
why do you all like the D you bunch of fags
>>
checkem 265335
>>
B is very Olympisque to me. However, D is my favorite. More unique and attention-grabbing.
>>
>>265278
Think B is the best out of those.

A looks out of place, I get the chequer flag/race connection, but it doesn't work like this.

B Has the sporting connection plus the large red circle on white space = Japan Flag (not to mention I find the idea that the Paralympic logo is just the regular logo but bent in half (or crippled))

C Is a hot mess, looks like a childs drawing, can barely make out that it's meant to people people, and as >>265287 said, the colours resemble other countries flags rather than the Olympic colours.

D is alright, 2nd choice for me. I just find the flower design a little too weak and the sun has way too many points on it making it seem too busy and a mess, that many points printed small with yellow on white wouldn't look good and that gradient seems out of place.
>>
>>265278
I like the circular/explosive concept on "D"... but I think it needs some unity, and work on the yellow colours
>>
>>265278
I like A and D.
>>
B
>>
D for sunshine empire
>>
>>265278
They all suck
>>
>>265278
D for Taco Tokyo Tuesday
>>
>>265278
A does make me think "Yes, that's japan". However, it's boring. Without the olympic rings underneath I'd think it was shite. Also, almost impossible to easily recreate due to the complexity, which is a major no-no for something that's always so brand-focused. I mean, you can do the olympic rings, but any kind of school project using this logo is fucked if the kids try to draw it.

B is a dude being broken on the wheel, the lightning-zags are pants. From a distance, nice. Once I open the image, crap.

C looks terrible, why are these two men spazzing out?

D is not bad, but the suns are a bit naff. The paralympic D is my favourite of the lot, it's an interesting take on the interlocking rings thing. However, still not keen on the suns.
>>
>>265278
B and D are clearly the best, in my opinion. If you put a gun to my head I would say you should go with B, though I would be more inclined to go with D if you redesigned the suns a bit.
>>
>>266106
>B is a dude being broken on the wheel

Holy shit, I see it now. There is no way this isnt intentional.
>>
B and D. D more so since it has something to do with Japan culturally
>>
B2 reminds me of the Ghostbusters logo.
>>
File: TRUMP2020.jpg (74 KB, 743x401) Image search: [Google]
TRUMP2020.jpg
74 KB, 743x401
>>
A logo was the winner....
What's the budget on this logos? 5 dlls?
>>
I like left C. It's unique and somewhat asian. The rest are dull and do not remind me of japan.
The logo should be more historic and representative of its country.
>>
D with B's font.
>>
>>267484
The rinsing sun inside the blossoming flower of "D" doesn't look Asian too you?!?!?!

What the fuck do you need to see to think asian? A slant eyed figure eating rice?
>>
>>265278
I don't understand any of these.
How do they in any way embody japan?
In other words, what is the meaning behind these shapes? They look like totally random patterns to me.
>>
>>267536
I'm with this guy, graphic designer / illustrator 10+ years. I would try to embody symbolism more relevant to Tokyo, rather than "cool" patterns and trendy stylish shapes. I'm feeling D's typeface though. If you're going with one of these, for what ever reason, I'd run with D's font in combination with one of B's I guess. They are not horrible, and look moderately interesting aesthetically, but they aren't really exceptional from a concept standpoint.
>>
Just so everyone knows, they already choose Design A as the one they will use. Apparently it's based off of some ancient pattern.

I think this will be one of the least memorable Olympic games in terms of design. That logo is incredibly bland. They also scrapped the futuristic looking stadium because it was too expensive to build. The one they are building instead is so... ordinary looking.
>>
>>267536
>>267548
Do you guys really not see how B represents Japan?
>>
>>265278
B but I want to say D.
I dont like that the font is black, the flowers are an interesting concept. B's "folded" or more likely disfigured circle is a little cruel, made me giggle a little though
>>
>>265278
I would go for B.
I think that the circle is an obvious choice here.
>>
>>267558
If you're doing dragons or something, I don't know.

I prefer the (I'm guessing here) morning glory and sun thing in D.
>>
File: azhhafq.jpg (52 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
azhhafq.jpg
52 KB, 600x600
>>265278
Group C second one, looks like Pic related. What is this? The Olympics of silly walking?
>>
>>267669
Let me give you a hint, what's the flag of Japan look like?
>>
>>265278
nah
>>
>>267693
My fucking sides
>>
File: logo.jpg (51 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
logo.jpg
51 KB, 768x432
>>265278
Which city do prefer for 2024 olimpics? Roma, L.A., Paris or Budapest?
>>
>>267733
Shit. Didn't notice that's for the fucking Paralympics. Makes even less sense, they wouldn't be able to walk, period, let alone a silly walk
>>
>>267740
I dig the Paris one
It's a 2
It's a 4
Its the Eiffel Tower
It's reminiscent of that ribbon gymnastics stuff.
>>
>>267741
You do know that not everyone in the paralympics is in a wheelchair right?
>>
>>267748
Didn't even know the Paralympics existed. I assumed it was for paralyzed people, because of the "para" in the name.
>>
>>267749
I didn't know it was possible to be this ignorant.
>>
>>267749
So... do you actually think paramedics or paratroopers are paralyzed too?
>>
>>267740
Budapest
Paris
LA and Rome are both fucking awful
why are olympic logos so hit and miss?
>>
>>267752
I knew about the special olympics, I had heard about the paralympics, but I just figured they were both the same thing. Yeah, I was ignorant about it.

>>267758
I was using (flawed) critical thinking. I figured that it meant paralyzed, because I could imagine an olympics for paralyzed people. I didn't think there would be an olympics for parachuters, or paramedics.
>>
>>265278
group c is fucking italy
whyre they all holding pastas
>>
>>267796
I was wondering why they had mexican flag colors
>>
>>267794
> but I just figured they were both the same thing. Yeah, I was ignorant about it.

They are the same thing, one is just the PC way of saying it and one is the official name.
>>
>>267740
holy fuck that paris logo is genius. i'm all over this shit
>>
File: Olympic Logos.png (123 KB, 899x1163) Image search: [Google]
Olympic Logos.png
123 KB, 899x1163
I tried doing this contest on this 2020 Olympics in Japan, here's what I worked on.
>>
>>268950
logo good, composition meh, typeface double meh
>>
File: budapest_2024_logo_variations.png (61 KB, 1000x749) Image search: [Google]
budapest_2024_logo_variations.png
61 KB, 1000x749
>>267740
btw, this is the final logo for Budapest, opinions really differ about it since there were quite a few other submissions which might have been better
>>
>>269010
That may be the shittiest thing I've ever seen, I didn't think it could get worse than blowjob Olympic logo.
>>
>>269036
https://palyazat.arthungry.com/olimpia2024

here you can browse all the submissions
beware: most of them are complete shit, but there are a few decent ones like pic related imo
>>
>>265278
C and D are the only ones that say "Japan" to me.
>>
File: egefeggg.png (444 KB, 664x532) Image search: [Google]
egefeggg.png
444 KB, 664x532
I still think it's the best logo though
>>
>>269010
it's cute I like it, not very sportsy but it communicates "all the countries having a big party together" and it's cool
>>
>>267748
im imagining people swimming in wheelchairs now thanks anon, diving ha! literelly just rolls off the board and SPLASH!
>>
How do people not like the first one in group c, sans the colors. Do I just have shit taste? ;_;
>>
File: this.png (72 KB, 258x408) Image search: [Google]
this.png
72 KB, 258x408
>>265278
>>
File: olympic-emblem-header.jpg (112 KB, 1070x722) Image search: [Google]
olympic-emblem-header.jpg
112 KB, 1070x722
They are all shit. Don't know how they made it to be final candidates. Pic related was pretty good.
>>
>>269799
Didn't this turn out to be a complete ripoff of some museum logo?
>>
>>269800
Don't know why it is considered as "ripoff". Yes, it is similar but for me it looks like a coincidence.
>>
>>268971
Yeah I need to work on typeface and composition.
>>
>>269799
Looks like garbage and the colours are disgusting. The paralympic logo is a minimalistic version the the 9/11 attacks.
>>
>>270044
Kek
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.