[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: 1410681057055.jpg (100 KB, 999x624) Image search: [Google]
1410681057055.jpg
100 KB, 999x624
Questions That Dont Deserve Their Own Thread

GD Edition

seeing alot of useless threads now that really dont deserve to have their own thread
but theres no place to ask them otherwise.
please ask your questions here and help out one another
>>
I'm using Photoshop and I'm trying to make a selection from one layer and move the contents of a different layer to align them properly within the selection, but when I move it, the selection moves as well. It wasn't like this before, driving me crazy.
>>
>>248374
What tool are you using? Use the move tool on the selection (not free transform) and it should work.
>>
>>247306
I don't have time to read every book on the wiki page, are their one or two books out their that are a must read? a "loomis" or "vilpu" of /gd/ if you will
>>
sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but does somebody have "Professional Issues & Legal Rights for Graphic Artists"?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/professional-issues-legal/id976080649?mt=11&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
>>
>>248422
have you tried the pirate bay or KAT?
>>
>>248433
yeah, no results
>>
File: testan.png (85 KB, 2000x2227) Image search: [Google]
testan.png
85 KB, 2000x2227
One of these is the default in Illustrator, the other is one which I manually edited.

Why is this even allowed?
>>
>>248680
>what is optical correction
>>
>tl;dr: what to read to design info-heavy flyers? Or sales flyers?

A place I work at is having me design store flyers for sales and in-store deals. I research possible examples to see how they do things online, but all store flyers look so ugly. I'm also trying to go by grids but even then I feel at a slight loss.

What resources could help me out in beginning to design attractive, loud, and easy to read info-heavy flyers?
>>
>>248748

Condensed font, double column, thick gutters/bleeds

really depends on the amount of copy. If the guys up stairs have already decided they want to publish mini books on takeout menus then you just have to smile and nod.
>>
>>248703
But it looks like shit
>>
File: plakat-arts-bar.png (332 KB, 2000x2828) Image search: [Google]
plakat-arts-bar.png
332 KB, 2000x2828
Alright, how did I do?

This is my 3rd poster so bear with me a little.

It's for a themed friday-bar at the chemistry department at the university. The name of the bar is "Arts Bar" where "Arts" is the faculty of humanities. So we're joking about who they are and what they do, serving wine, doing croquis, poetry slam, stuff like that. Oh, and @lkymia is the name of our partyorganization (or fraternity I guess you could call it".
>>
File: art thing.png (132 KB, 849x1200) Image search: [Google]
art thing.png
132 KB, 849x1200
>>248802
I think you should get rid of all the stuff on the right, maybe all white background and make the colors more pastelle, at the moment the are quite dark.
>>
>>248809
Thanks for the suggestions, I just feel like there was something missing on the right side...
>>
>>248815
it's called negative space dumbass
>>
>>248809
Also, get rid of that clip art. It's distracting and contrasts from the font and tone.
>>
does anyone here knows if the word UI or UX design strictly applies to only website, mobile applications, software?

I'm thinking of the interior of a car, the layout of the dash panel. Is this belongs to ID?
>>
File: All work and no play.jpg (793 KB, 1687x882) Image search: [Google]
All work and no play.jpg
793 KB, 1687x882
How do you guys deal with that weird feeling after looking at the same words for a long period of time?
Like when you stare at a word and it loses all meaning and just looks wrong. For example "Much", that fucking word looks so weird. Just look at the letters in it, and say it, much much much much. I can't deal with it.

tl:dr Is there any way to keep from losing your mind while looking at the same word?
>>
>>248828
just get rid of everything! post the blank page for a classy minimalist feel
>>
>>249358
This always happens to me when I'm making stuff. I always end up spell checking myself or taking a minute away from it so I can regain my sanity.
>>
File: quick_brown.png (2 KB, 576x136) Image search: [Google]
quick_brown.png
2 KB, 576x136
Gimp by default does not have subpixel rendering for text. I do not have Adobe ____. I want to feel leet. What do? Or should I gtfo and kill myself?
>>
>>249744
There's a reason it's industry standard. I was once in your position, but one day I upped sticks and moved to camp Adobe. Within a week I was at my GIMP skill and within two I had far exceeded it.
>>
File: text_wrapping.png (210 KB, 1451x1214) Image search: [Google]
text_wrapping.png
210 KB, 1451x1214
Another question. How does text wrapping work on this site?
>>
>>249747
this
I used gimp for like 3 years before learning how much better photoshop is within about 2 weeks.
>>
File: 4chancss.png (209 KB, 1607x858) Image search: [Google]
4chancss.png
209 KB, 1607x858
>>249748
Do you know CSS? Study this part of the source code. (press F12)
>>
>>249363
lmao
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.