[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any in-house designer here on the board? How do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1431982073136.jpg (12 KB, 200x243) Image search: [Google]
1431982073136.jpg
12 KB, 200x243
Are there any in-house designer here on the board? How do you deal with people in the office just using you as a person who knows how to use graphic tools instead of asking your advice on producing work. please, this is troubling me a lot..
>>
>>244370
Get another job. If you're just there as a tool consultant, you're not doing what you're worth.
>>
>>244370
That's called a senior position. Ask for a promotion to senior designer.

If they say no, leave.
>>
>>244370
Id like to be a web developer in an artistic field
>>
>>244370
There are two types of clients. The ones who think they know what they need or want, but don't know how to work Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign/HTML/CSS, etc., and the ones who come to you for your expertise as a designer and trust that you know better.

You're working for the former. They will underpay and undervalue you. You'll be the first to be laid off, and generally treated like shit. You need to get the hell out as fast as you can. Once you leave, they'll dedicate some poor secretary to commissioning production work on Fiverr or some bullshit. Business that operate like that are not businesses that last. You need to get out before they collapse on top of you or wrong you dry.
>>
>>244480
>>244403
>>244408
ok this is a long shot

OP here, I believe you guys work with art/design related things, what do you think about the environment you are working in? I asked this because I understand the company undervalue me, but the office is located in Paris and I'm able to get a lot of inspiration living here (I came from a very small town with no design/art job)

so even though I don't find satisfaction in workspace, I can somehow balance it out during weekends to see exhibition.

let's say you can work in whatever city you dreamed of but you dont find a lot of satisfaction in workspace, will you take the job?
>>
>>244491
I can pretty much guarantee there are design jobs in Paris that aren't shit. You can do it, OP! I believe in you!
>>
>>244491
First post guy here. I work in web design. Never draw inspiration from where you live; its limited. Find other outlets of inspiration. 90% of creative field work isn't about inspiration or being in the right mood. It's about being able to just buckle down and get shit done. Nobody will wait for your creative spark to ignite; you just gotta do shit.
>>
>>244370
God I want to fuck her.
>>
>>244370
Yeah, happened to me too. I'm a junior and I assume you are as well. Just accept that youre starting from the bottom
>>
>>244370
One of the problems you are going to run into is that must senior designers just see new GD degrees and "I know how to photoshop." degrees. Which is sadly the case most of the time.

To impress you should change your office appearance. Get some high class design books and put them on your desk. If you have a cube or wall, put up some classic design work from the 60s and 70s. And dress the same way as the decision making designers at your building.

Once they start to see you as a 'real' designer you will start to get those design projects.
>>
>>244549
I know the sounds like a cat poster, but it's true.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.