[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
converting a cvr into a pc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: cvr.jpg (27 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
cvr.jpg
27 KB, 500x422
hello /g/, im thinking of converting this old cockpit voice recorder into a gaming PC. Is it possible to get some good components in and still keep it looking like it did when i bought it? pic related is the one that i found on ebay
>>
>>55637272
Give it back Muhammad.
>>
>>55637272
Disassemble it check the measurements for the u-atx or m-atx boards and see if you can fit it and then check the space you would have left to place components.

It could take 2 weeks if have no ideia what you're going but otherwise should be a pretty easy conversition got any measurements done yet?

Also
>>>/diy/
>>
Get a metal box made and paint it to look the same instead.
>>
>>55637272
Throw inside a raid of pi's
>>
>>55637272
Make sure not to ruin the aesthetic by cutting holes in it.
>>
>>55637272
How about i put my cock un your pit instead
>>
>>55637272
Raspberry pi zero should fit in it
>>
>>55637272
Depending on what you use it for, the need to drill holes for fans could ruin the aesthetic of the box. Looks really cool though.

If you did everything right I'd say you could get away with just a few small vents in the very bottom, so long as it's held above the desk / floor by something for air to get in there. Make sure you put filters on your fans though. I also doubt you could run a big GPU in there without turning the thing into swiss cheese.
>>
>>55637272
It's too tiny even for nano-atx
>>
that's fly as fuck please don't pussy out
>>
Since that front panel screws on you can offset it so there's space around the edges. Can't tell if you can do it to both ends. If you can offset to vent both ends then you can wind tunnel the case.

Probably should make a frame that slides in with all the components already attached. Will make maintenance easier and keep it looking good.

For ports, route the mobo ports with panel mount extensions to the bottom. Use rubber feet and 90degree cable connectors. Bonus points if you angle the ports so you don't need the 90degree adaptors. To angle the ports you need to cut a long u and bend it along the uncut side.
>>
>>55640631
According to australian transport safety board, "A typical traditional CVR is 16 cm (6.3 in) in height, 12.7 cm (5.0 in) in width and 32 cm (12.6 in) in depth."

Nano-ITX is 120mm x 120mm. You have 7mm of wiggle room in the width, if you (are retarded and) mounted the motherboard on the front or back panels. If you mounted the mobo on the side panel, you would have heaps of room.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.