[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
build recommendation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1369536685388.jpg (442 KB, 800x818) Image search: [Google]
1369536685388.jpg
442 KB, 800x818
Hi /g/, please help a newbie with your wise advice
Is this a nice build?

Intel i5-6600K
GPU: NOT SURE. Maybe Radeon RX 480 8Gb
ASUS Z170-A
RAM Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz 2x8gb
1TB Western Digital Blue
Samsung 850 Evo 250gb
NOT SURE but I guess Evga 600w
Nzxt S340
Cooler Master Hyper 212x
>>
gigabyte z170-hd3 is better for that build

z170-a is for i7 builds.
>>
>>55626564
thank you

also bump
>>
I would just get a 1TB ssd and not bother with a hdd at all, it amazing how much quieter your computer is without hdd. I find even a 500gb is enough if you keep media files on an external
>>
>>55626549
Anyone else miss the old Taco Bell aesthetic?
>>
>>55626564
>>55626574
Just to confirm that what this guy said is complete bullshit. The Z170 chipset is for overclocking chips. The Z170-A isn't tailored towards i7 nor i5 chips, just chips that you want to overclock and have the ability to do so. You don't focus a specific board onto a specific family of processors that's only benefit over another is hyperthreading. That's just silly.

That being said, the Gigabyte is better. It's cheaper and does pretty much everything the entry-level enthusiast Z170-A does, except for maybe some of that proprietary ASUS AI Suite bullshit that doesn't work super well.
>>
>>55626549
Modular/Semi-modular power supplies are easier and less of a pain in the ass to work with. S340 has less than stellar cooling performance. Consider a higher quality cooler.
>>
>>55626549
This is a great build, only a few changes I would recommend.

If you go with the previously mentioned mobo, get the m.2 version of the 850. They are easier to work with.

Also I would point you towards Seasonic for PSUs. EVGA is fine but Seasonic just makes better stuff.
>>
>>55628674
Depends on the OEM really. EVGA's GQ series is made by FSP who apparently has been around longer than Seasonic
>>
>>55628691
But if you were to randomly select a PSU from each company, Seasonic would probably win in quality.
>>
Pupper with his bepis.jpg
>>
File: 1466980188943.png (2 MB, 1753x866) Image search: [Google]
1466980188943.png
2 MB, 1753x866
pretty much like my build

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tj3GGf
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.