[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Using this book for my web programming class this fall. How is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
Using this book for my web programming class this fall. How is it? Have any of you read it? I should mention I don't anything about web development...how can I be better prepared for this class?
>>
If you're going that route, learn HTML and CSS as well so you can at least get a grasp of the full stack.

Don't rely too heavily on phpMyAdmin when the time comes, its sort of a crutch when it comes to learning the PHP and MySQL combination.

As far as JavaScript goes, just try to have fun with it. Learn about click events and doing things with "window on load".
>>
>>55623507
I've already taken a database class where we learned basic SQL and used a good bit of Oracle. Is MySQL anything like Oracle?
>>
>>55623568
The answer to that question depends on how exactly you played with Oracle. Did you configure it?

The number if syntax differences is minute and sparse, however Oracle in general is more like an operating system in the configuration sense. There is a lot more "meat" to it, although the foundations of both are pretty similar (i.e.: the differences between GNU/Linux and Windows)
>>
>>55623626
Didn't really do too much with it. Really basic stuff. Some PL/SQL. Mostly just playing around with a simple database.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.