[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How am I supposed to remove this screw? > Dremen tools are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20160716_173854.jpg (3 MB, 2992x4000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160716_173854.jpg
3 MB, 2992x4000
How am I supposed to remove this screw?

> Dremen tools are too big,
> stripped head,
> Looks like the screw is also glued to the board, soldering probably won't be strong enough without breaking itself
>>
>>55620795
have you tried a rubber band?
>>
You were supposed to use the correct size screwdriver the first time
>>
>>55620795

The Gator Grip Universal Socket with Power Drill Adapter fits nut and bolt heads from 1/4 in. to 3/4 in. standard and 7 mm to 19 mm metric. Use the drill adapter to transform an electric drill into a power socket set.

Universal 6-point socket grips both standard and metric nut and bolt heads
Polished chrome finish
Use with wing-nuts, hex nuts, square nuts, eye-screws, cup hooks, and lag screws
Withstands 150 ft.-lb. of torque
>>
The rubber band trick works pretty well. I had a really small screw one time so I tried super gluing a jewelers screw driver to it but it broke the glue. Then I super glued a rubber band to the screw and turned it and it worked. Try weird shit.
>>
>>55620795
>stripping your screws
Dumbass.
>>
>>55620876

Already tried the rubber band trick, was getting enough grip but couldn't get enough torque to budge the screw

That screw is really glued to the board. I don't really want to remove the board of the laptop.
>>
freeze a wet q-tip and use it to chill the screw so it contracts a bit, then forcefully unscrew it

i hate those kind of screws, there not glued, theyre soldered down to the board on a little copper plate
>>
File: 1396459775183.png (162 KB, 284x281) Image search: [Google]
1396459775183.png
162 KB, 284x281
>>55620795
You're screwed.
>>
>>55621357

>Freezer level temperatures causing metal to contract

lmao
>>
File: screwdriver.png (77 KB, 337x379) Image search: [Google]
screwdriver.png
77 KB, 337x379
>>
File: image_37.jpg (63 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image_37.jpg
63 KB, 1136x640
The best way to fix this is to get a drill bit about the same size as the thin part of the screw, drill into the center of the head until your almost through, pop off whatever the screw was holding down, use pointy nose pliers to slowly work the screw out of its hole.
>>
>>55620795
The screw isn't glued, it's threadlocked.
First, get the right goddamned bit. That's a Phillips 00 or 000.
Second, a small amount of penetrating oil. Apply enough to get around the head and down to the threads.
Three, use a small hot air wand to the the screw head. Get it at least hot enough to cause the oil to smoke a little (~300-350C). Heat only the screw.
Then, remove screw using correct bit.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.