[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Convince me why I should keep using windows.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: not even once.webm (53 KB, 349x234) Image search: [Google]
not even once.webm
53 KB, 349x234
Convince me why I should keep using windows.
>>
>>
>fastest windows version
>most secure windows version
>directx 12
>just werks™
>>
Does whatever you want to do with your pc work with other OS? Besides that I really got nothing.
>>
>>55617328
Linux is shit and no one uses it.
>>
File: kek.png (98 KB, 960x531) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
98 KB, 960x531
lmfao
>>
>>55617328
>>55617334
not to be rude but thats just hp making software. HPLIP is literally godtier compared to piece of shit windows drivers they roll out.

But yeah since Linux is shit because it has "no software" (which is produced and maintained by third parties), then yes , windows sucks because half of the software for it is malware ridden or insanely shitty in overall, in addition to not being niche programs or adware or spyware.
>>
No. You've clearly already made up your mind on a completely subjective topic that you can research yourself. Fuck off and stop filling the catalog with this shit
>>
>>55617536
Its a humor thread you raging autist. Don't get so worked up because someone offended your delicate sensibility.
>>
>>55617328
Use whatever you want, no one gives a shit.
>>
>30 minutes later
>>
>>55617526

>But yeah since Linux is shit because it has "no software" (which is produced and maintained by third parties), then yes , windows sucks because half of the software for it is malware ridden or insanely shitty in overall, in addition to not being niche programs or adware or spyware.

DELETE THIS
>>
>>55617783
you think this is funny, compare installing warcraft 3 from official downloadable installer in windows and in wine.
>windows: 10~20 minutes
>wine: less than 5 seconds
why?
>>
>>55617345
>>directx 12
manchildren detected. go back to >>>/v/
>>
>>55617526
Fucking everything runs on Windows. Have fun playing whatever clone of Minesweeper Microsoft didn't copyright. The reason that plenty of ad/virus-ridden software exists for windows is because of just how fucking easy software is to make for windows. Have fun playing whatever clone of Minesweeper Microsoft didn't copyright.
>>
>>55617334
You know, clicking it more than once usually does more harm than good. You should try doing something else to fix it.
>>
>>55617438
Shoo shoo pissphone
>>
>>55618336
Why? DirectX can be used outside of gaming.
>>
>>55618559
Ignore those manbabies
>>
>>55617558
>tripfag calling someone else autistic
>>
>>55617328
For games. If it were not for games, there would be no windows on my computer.
>>
You shouldn't. Honestly, if you can work with GNU/Linux you should just use that. Otherwise, get a cheap Mac (or a expensive one - that depends on your needs and budget).

Windows is beyond saving now.
>>
>>55617328
>not using the fastest, easiest windows version to use, Ninja Turtles Toy Laptop
>>
>>55618424
>software is written for windows
>therefore windows is better
ignore the fact that windows is preinstalled on ~90% of laptops and prebuilds because "muh monopoly"

you see everything runs on windows because its written for windows. its not that windows runs everything, having additional software from 3rd parties is not making a system better ,it just says that a system is popular. It still can be (and is) totally shitty, as well as a massive part of software available for it.
Example: its super easy to make software for android and its literally everywhere including poor people who cant afford to put children through proper basic education but can afford fucking tablets and phones for them, and literally 95% of software for it utter crap.

My point here is, windows without any 3rd party software is really shitty compared to linux, and it's mainly used because it's pushed really hard up peoples asses by serious money, and having pushed user base creates market share required for creating software to be profitable for the producer.

tl;dr; windows is a shitty as fuck system with a some good/professional programs available from 3rd parties.
>>
>>55617408
I feel supported in my nihilism, thanks Anon
>>
>>55617783
bluetooth has to be the worst shit i've ever dealt with, every single stack is worse than even the shittiest radeon driver
>>
>>55619596
\thread
>>
>>55617438
>have anime wallpaper
>be an autistic faggot
>>
>>55617438
what is that font?
>>
>>55617328
Because there isn't anything better.

If you think that's bad, just wait for the hell that awaits you with Linux.
>>
>>55620092
I agree with this. IMHO the GNU software is largely holding linux back, though it's almost as good as Mac/Win software.

Linux itself is much better than windows. I actually like a lot of the software better than the winblows alternative. It just needs a killer app -- like an office suite that leaves MS Office in the dust, rather than trying to emulate it.
>>
>what is ctrl+alt+delete
>>
>>55619548
Same here. I'll be happy when/if gaming on linux actually becomes a thing. I know steam has X amount of linux games, but linux is still waaay behind windows and even osx in terms of gaming.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.