[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Switching from IT to CE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1468714909333.jpg (41 KB, 300x249) Image search: [Google]
1468714909333.jpg
41 KB, 300x249
I only know networking (ccna level) and want to do a Computer Engineering degree at my local University.

The thing is, my programming knowledge is limited (i.e shit) and my math skills are okay. (it's been a long time since I practiced math)

How fucked am I?
The course starts beginning of October
>>
>>55613255
IT major here.
Why the switch? I doubt you'd get a better job unless you live In silicon valley.
>>
>>55613321
I'm in Europe
>Why the switch?
The switch isn't confirmed.
But the degree is sponsored by the government (no debt) and I don't want to be stuck in helpdesk forever
>>
>>55613255
Civil Engineering is better.
>>
IT, as far as money goes, is a great field. The onlynreadon I could think of if you are a guy. IT jobs jobs are bsing taken over bt SJWs si a kot of those jobs have been taken by either women black people. I'm not too worried though, IT isba field where you have to know shit, SJW shit will pass I think.
>>
File: 1468558012346.png (247 KB, 566x414) Image search: [Google]
1468558012346.png
247 KB, 566x414
>>55613361
Ah I see.
My degree is free also, lol singlemom, and I'm in America. To be honest IT is exactly the type of degree i have always wanted. The knowledge seems so much more practical and less theoretical than the 'can you feel it Mr krabbs' type abstract courses that seem to plague other curriculum in the area. And IS is just barely even tech related, it's entire name is just a meme for business majors to feel like they are good at the kompyutah.

This is good to me since i will probably just be a sysadmin anyway, I'm not trying to make a ground breaking blowjob simulation algorithm or anything so it works for me and teaches new what I'm interested in.
>>
>>55613415
What?
There are females on /g/?
>>
>>55613542
No, my mom is a single mom so i get dem gubment benefits.
>>
>>55613594
>America
>>
>>55613400
Are you ok?
>>
>>55613391
How can you get into that using a networking diploma?
You can't
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.