[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
going to college soon. are these things any good or are they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: surface.jpg (97 KB, 778x438) Image search: [Google]
surface.jpg
97 KB, 778x438
going to college soon. are these things any good or are they just another hot meme? anything better in the same price range?
>>
I have a surface pro 4, and yes these are good ,especially for students like me . Only complaint is that it is overpriced a little
>>
Are you majoring in basket weaving or something actually useful?

Well organized paper notes are more reliable

>inb4 geek who spends more time managing his notes than taking them
>>
>>55612391
mathematical finance and statistics
>>
>>55612294
good for light gaming
>>
>>55612403
im bringing my desktop too so I don't care about gaming on it lol
>>
I have one. It's OK, but the battery life isn't as advertised. I get about 6 hours, which isn't bad if you're just going to class all day. It also gets really hot, and the fans like to kick on full blast randomly. Other than that, it's pretty good for note taking and general tasks.
>>
>>55612455
Forgot to mention that mine has a persistent bug where it flickers at low brightness, which gives me fucking migraines. Goes away if you raise the brightness level though. Not sure if this is a common problem or not.
>>
>>55612398
Just use paper, man. Computers are for typing.
>>
>>55612294
How big are the desks? If you plan on typing a lot during class for notes, which you should be, the keyboard doesn't really fit on most college desks, as the keyboard is like a semi flaccid cock how it droops off the table and bounces around when you touch it.
>>
>>55612294
It's only useful if you plan to handwrite, or if you're a drawfag.

Otherwise, you can get an ultrabook for cheaper
>>
>>55612479
The hyper-v flickering bug? Thought they fixed that, haven't seen it in ages.
>>
As a student i wouldn't buy a laptop without a keyboard.
Though as an arts and design student i'd like to have touch input on my MBP 2011
>>
i have the pro 3 joint. It's alright. Kinda want to sell it and get an ultrabook though desu.
>>
>>55612294
I bought a 2 in 1 ultrabook instead. Works perfectly in bed with touchscreen and I can still program comfortably with a proper keyboard
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.