[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>only a marginal amount of apps compared to the Google Play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Amazon-App-Store-Logo.jpg (10 KB, 340x248) Image search: [Google]
Amazon-App-Store-Logo.jpg
10 KB, 340x248
>only a marginal amount of apps compared to the Google Play Store
>many essential apps are nowhere to be found
>many apps that are up-to-date on the Play Store are outdated on the Amazon Appstore

What was going through Amazon's mind when they took out the Play Store from the Kindle Fire and replaced it with this?
>>
>>55610959
>vertical integration means more money at every stop on that lovely value chain
>>
You also have to buy your apps all over again, and who wants to do that?
>>
Amazon doesn't have a rewards app where you get free store credit for answering survets like Google Play does, so it makes it even less inspiring to get a Kindle Fire over a Nexus tablet with Google Play, and you can already get all the Amazon apps and experience the complete Amazon ecosystem on a Nexus tablet so there's pretty much nothing to gain from buying a Kindle Fire over a Nexus tablet.
>>
>>55610959
You can get apps free using amazon underground.
>>
I got $25 credit for using the Android app

Never going to use it
>>
>>55612062
Lemme have it pl0x
>>
File: image_3.png (619 KB, 963x722) Image search: [Google]
image_3.png
619 KB, 963x722
>tfw snagged a fire 7 for 35 ducats during the sale
Imma just put android on this 600p bitch and fuck around
>>
>>55612258
It's already running Android. It's a heavily customized version however.
>>
>>55612295
I mean root it and get a custom rom like cyanogen mod. Access to the play store and Android stock ui etc
>>
>>55612204
I don't think Amazon credit is transferable once applied to an account.
>>
>>55610959
It's also the appstore for BB 10 OS
>>
The thing is, if you want google play store you have to install google's Spyware too, amazon doesn't have that problem. It is a simple app store.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.