[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pale Moon 27 - based on a more recent Gecko version, includes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: crawlbd.jpg (53 KB, 700x299) Image search: [Google]
crawlbd.jpg
53 KB, 700x299
What does /g think about the new Pale Moon 27?

It may be an Alpha so far, anyone believes could be the Open Source browser for which we are dropping Chromium or Firefox?

https://www.palemoon.org/WIP/

Offers a more state of the art Gecko engine, new webtechnology support and 1080P Youtube video support. Also no Chrome UI imitation crap.

Opinions?

Is it good or just another waste of time?
>>
>>55600713
The furry weeb developer explicitly said a billion times that he would not support MSE. Why did he changed his mind?
>>
>>55600730
Because no one would use his browser anymore without it?
>>
https://forum.palemoon.org/viewforum.php?f=56 - official board section where you can post suggestions or complaints

https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/Tycho

Contribution place if you want to help enhance the code
>>
>pale meme
kek
>>
>>55600713
>new webtechnology support
So all the "animation" stuff used for exclusively for tracking and youtube? I'll just use chrome for that shit, and something less botnetey for everything else.
>>
>>55600778
It's way easier to bitch on /g/ than go to another forum.
>>
>>55600972
More like supporting Promises. Pale Moon based on version 24 was not having this and many other Script and HTML5 features.
>>
>>55601027
>and HTML5 features
They are mostly used for browser fingerprinting. Making youtube work should not be the goal. Standards compliance and browsing top Alexa sites is not the appeal of Palemoon.
>>
>>55601180
Without HTML5 and new scripting features you are unable to watch state of the art websites.

It should indeed be the goal of Pale Moon.
>>
>>55601180
This. Palemoon has always had better true HTML5 support than firefox to begin with (i.e. HTML5 support outside DRM, webrtc, MSE, and other tracking-exclusive features)
>>
>>55601249
Pale Moon never had MSE or WebRTC. What are you talking for a kind of garbage?
>>
>>55601275
OK pajeet. Don't you have a dedicated street to poo in?
>>
>>55601294
What for a lame fucktard are you? Go fuck your mother you cunt!

If you can't contribute something useful to a discussion end your pathetic life you sub-human!
>>
I don't care about HTML5, I want a basic web browser that does not fuck my extensions.
I don't want a web browser that looks like Chrome and cares about women in tech more than being usable.

Thank you Pale Moon.
>>
>>55600713
Reminder that Firefox will always be better than this insecure meme browser. Nobody on /g/ will ever use pale meme.
>>
>>55601316
POO
>>
does this mean i'll finally have 60fps in videos
>>
>>55601180
yup, I use mpv/youtube-dl anyway, faster than any browser

>>55601342
> better
> infested with sjws
> advertises proprietary services
> webrtc botnet
>>
>>55601342
Firefox will always be inferior as it becomes more and more a lame Google Chrome imitation browser.
>>
>>55601342
>insecure
>responds to CVEs months before firefox, if firefox ever responds to them in the first place
Nice meme my friend.
>>
>There is no support for Jetpack/SDK extensions (and likely never will be). Your extensions may or may not work depending on their nature.
still shit desu
>>
>>55600713
>There is no support for Jetpack/SDK extensions (and likely never will be)

DoA. Better luck next time, furshitter.
>>
>>55600779
this desu senpai
>>
>>55601913
>>55601990
A browser is no toy. Installing third party trash is a stupid idea.
>>
>>55601990
>>55603001
The only stuff which makes sense is an adblocker and noscript.

The rest of possible add-ons is totally unimportant and just trash luggage.
>>
>>55601990
>>55603001
Comparing my Qupzilla with QTWebengine to your stupid add-on infested garbage wares, it is clean, functionable, has all important stuff on board and fast like hell.

Unbelievable that so many idiots are around who fill their browsers full of useless crap. Morons never die out :D
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.