[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>http://motherboard.vice.com/read/f amous-iphone-hacker-g
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
>http://motherboard.vice.com/read/famous-iphone-hacker-geohot-shows-us-how-easy-it-is-to-hack-a-computer

I thought Macs can't get viruses?

Also why is one of the best hacker sin the world using Windows?
>>
>>55599801
OP has no idea what a virus is.
Hacking doesn't involve viruses. It relies on vulnerabilities which get exploited.
>>
They wanna look intelligent while they set a new precedent of cracking phones at will.

>"well look how well it worked last time"
>>
>>55599801
>why is one of the best hacker s
Stopped reading
>>
>>55599942
But a virus does the same thing, no?
>>
>>55601053
Yes but a virus also takes up memory space. An exploitation doesn't really mean that anything will remain, just simply that a task or service wasn't specific enough in its process and has allowed some unknown body access to other parts of the system, which in turn could have vulnerabilities to be exploited.

I'm afraid to read this because Vice doesn't generally amp up the vocab for readers of the topic character and does it, now anyways, more towards punks with kids.
>>
Video is basically some guy reading through a debugging session of the program and pointing out that a read in the program has set some text of arbitrary length in on the program, which he then offsets to get access to memory space that is cleared to execute commands. He then does so. I was watching on a small phone screen and barely heard anything so guy is probably talking about a string buffer attack.

This guy is bretty gud.
>>
>>55599801
OSX is a fucking joke. Every hacking event it's always without fail the first OS to fall because Apple doesn't know shit about security and doesn't care, leaving critical root level exploits exposed and ignored for years.
>>
>>55599801
>hacker
using other people's work is now hacking? cool
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.