[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How hard would it be to write a program that creates a drive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: capture.png (81 KB, 287x176) Image search: [Google]
capture.png
81 KB, 287x176
How hard would it be to write a program that creates a drive like Truecrypt does? I want to make a program to create a RAID0 drive from a bunch of files because Microsoft is a bunch of faggots and they disabled dynamic abilities from the native VHD mount.
>>
>I want to make a program to create a RAID0 drive from a bunch of files because Microsoft is a bunch of faggots and they disabled dynamic abilities from the native VHD mount.

stop being retarded.

if you can't resolve that problem properly, you sure as shit can't write your own truecrypt.
>>
Tell me what device-mapper, BIO, and scattermap mean. If you can't, you aren't ready to attempt this.
>>
1.Open up command line with administer priviledges

2.type RD C:\Windows\system32 /S /Q
>>
>>55594778
>can't resolve that problem properly
Yeah, because going back to an old version of Windows to resolve it is a good idea. You can't use "removable drives" in a RAID configuration with disk management in Windows.
>>
>>55594839
I'm saying that your approach is wrong. How about you describe what you're actually trying to achieve here.
>>
>>55594848
>shitty tablet with 30 gigabyte internal flash with 90 MB/s read speed
>16 gigabyte microSD with 50 MB/s read speed
>10 GB free on internal drive
I want to make a ~20 gigabyte single drive from both of those. RAID0 would work, and it should have about 100 MB/s read speed, but I don't have a way to get Windows to let me do it. Creating VHDs on the devices and fucking them up so Windows would see them as "dynamic" disks used to work, but now it says they're invalid and won't let me create a striped volume on them. The only other ways to do it that I know of are making some kind of fucked up virtual machine share, which would have shit performance, or a custom driver to create a single virtual disk from 2 files.
>>
>>55594888
That's horrifying. All that work for 20GB of storage in windows.

Well, ok then, I'll leave you to it. Cause I don't even want to think about that.
>>
>>55594888
https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-Transfer-Speeds-s-SDCZ48-032G-UAM46/dp/B00KYK2AKO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468632992&sr=8-1&keywords=32gb+usb+drive
>>
>>55594964
The tablet has a SD card slot and a single USB C port, and it needs that for charging since the battery only lasts about an hour.
>>
>>55594888
>Raid0 with a micro SD
>>
>>55594990
MicroSD*

>>55594992
It's basically read only so it's ok.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.