[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Battery Drain on Android phone problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: google-play-logo11[1].jpg (58 KB, 1000x536) Image search: [Google]
google-play-logo11[1].jpg
58 KB, 1000x536
I have a motorola maxx and my battery all of a sudden drains quickly even when in idle mode.

My battery usage says google services or sometime it says google play services is using up somtimes up to 55% of my battery. Even in idle mode wtf.

Has anyone had this issue before?

I have tried the solution attempts found through internet seraches
>>
jesus fuck you still use a Droid?
>>
Oh and the solution is buy a new battery, your 3 year old one has crapped out
>>
>lagdroid

Why haven't you joined iPhone master race? We never get these problems
>>
>>55593411
that doesnt explain why google services is using 50%
>>
Factory reset it.
>>
>>55593773
ya i got tired of no solutions working and just did this. Ill be installing my few apps i use one at a time and monitor the battery useage of google play.

without adding any apps the baterry usage of google services is around 8-10% so much better, is this still normal though? if anyone knows
>>
>>55593276
Are you on wifi? there is a known bug when switching from data to wifi that drains battery.

Deactivate data and reboot phone, keep it on wifi and see if that keeps google play low on the list
>>
>>55594236
It will ask you if you want to restore all of your apps and settings from your last sync when you login for the first time, it isn't that bad.
>>
>>55594289
i did at one point before the factory reset turn off data, wifi, location and let it sit for a bit. dont remember if i restarted it. if the factory reset doesnt work ill try again

>>55594344
nah i need to install them one at a time to see if one of the apps was the problem
>>
>>55593433
But I am not a homosexual... :(
>>
Uninstall Play Services and use microG.
>>
>>55593276
It's happening for over a month on <4 versions of Android there's a lot of topics about this on the official Google forums and they don't give a fuck.
Only thing that worked for me was downloading a older version of Google play services and disabling auto updates
>>
>>55595434
How did you disabled auto updates anon? I'm in the same boat as OP.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.