[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What language should i learn /g/? i wanna get a high paying job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: software-development-banner.jpg (189 KB, 922x321) Image search: [Google]
software-development-banner.jpg
189 KB, 922x321
What language should i learn /g/? i wanna get a high paying job with it. I was thinking c#.
>>
Men code in C++, fags write in everything else.
Don't fall for the Java/C# meme.
>>
>>55591064
Surely i could learn C# and use that as a gateway into c++?
>>
COBOL

$ 100,000 starting
>>
>>55591024
just learn JavaScript and also Typescript. Then learn some JavaScript libraries and frameworks like jquery, angular, etc. You might want to start with Java first, though.
>>
>>55591086
No, C# is pretty much Java with nerd shit tacked on, you need to go straight to the source, the best language, C++
>>
I know the basics of Javascript, Python and C#, Javascript is ok but i feel like it won't pay as much as C++ or C#.
>>
>>55591128
After you master Java, buy a fedora and a my little pony doll to fap to everyday so you can fully become a java master
>>
C# is good, especially if you focus on open-source with .NET Core. New possibilities and opportunities everywhere.
>>
>>55591223
Don't forget the make some Minecraft mods too.
>>
C# it is then. Afterwards ill head into C++. Thanks lads!
>>
>>55591316

Don't really need to head into anything else,

I learned, C#, C/C++, Java, Python, Javascript, Assembly, VHDL, MATLAB and god knows what other shit in uni,

Finished got a job in C# as a graduate on 25,000 pounds annually, that was raised to 30,000 within 6 months,
>>
>>55591024
C, then C++ if you wanna be good. Just remember that being good is not always equal to making kick ass money relative to the rest of the field. It's hard to recommend what language to learn if you wanna make bank, sense there's a few different things to go for in that case; web languages, python, java, etc etc. I say fuck it and learn C and then C++. Git gud then worry about the money, at that point you'll probably understand what it takes to get to the big money jobs.
>>
This is not the way to go about things. However, if you really want to make money for understanding a language, C++ probably offers the most opportunity. There are tons of huge projects with bugs and security problems written in C++, and it's crushingly complex. For the same reasons that C++ offers the most opportunity, it offers the most pain and the highest entry cost (years of full-time focused work to become an expert).

Be careful what you wish for. Programming language choice is coincidental or inconsequential for many fields of CS.
>>
>>55591024
if you're in programming for the money.
quit now.
because you have to love the fuck out of it to bare the pain that development cycles bring with it.
and learning it requires quite a bit of dedication if you want to get gud
>>
>>55592838
This.

If you're in it for money, try to do some kind of data management consulting for businesses. It'll take advantage of your computer skills without torturing you, and you'll probably get paid better.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.