[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
High static pressure vs high air flow fan as an exhaust fan with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: inde2x.jpg (301 KB, 738x1173) Image search: [Google]
inde2x.jpg
301 KB, 738x1173
I'd like to replace my only case fan which is a Noctua NF-P12. My mainboard can't properly control it since it has no PWM which means it's too loud.

My case is fairly small (Cooltek C3) so the fan is wedged directly in between the case grille and the CPU-heatsink (it really touches both).

My question is, do I need a high static pressure fan (because there's restrictive stuff in front of the fan - the CPU-heatsink), a high air flow fan (becase there's no restrictive stuff behind the fan - except for the case grille) or something in between (see second pic).

Which fan should I order? They all cost pretty much the same.
>>
File: whichfan.jpg (106 KB, 854x438) Image search: [Google]
whichfan.jpg
106 KB, 854x438
Here's Noctuas description for the different fans
>>
>>55585747
You should use static pressure fans in most cases (intakes and heatsinks and radiators). Use airflow fans only for exhaust, but static pressure fans work too.
>>
>>55585768
To add on, exhaust as in case exhaust only. Not heatsink exhaust.
>>
>>55585747
USE POSITIVE AIR PRESSURE FAG
>>
>>55585768
>>55585777
this.
>>
>>55585795

I'd love to but there are no mounting options for intake fans, only holes in the bottom for air to be sucked in.

>>55585777

So, NF-F12 it is?
>>
>>55585978
>>55585747
I get it: i bought a 40 dollar cooler myself to get a silent pc but why the fuck would you need extra premium exhaust fans with a cpu cooler like that?
>>
>>55585978
Can't go wrong with the NF-F12.
>>
>>55585747
get a fan that is in the middle, that is both high pressure and high air flow hybrid
>>
>>55586903

Thanks bruv.

Just talked to Noctua and they recommend the high air flow version in that case because of airflow already present because of CPU-fans
>>
>>55585747
what case is that?
>>
>>55585747
i you have an AMD you can buy a fanless heatsink since AMD is the coolest cpu in the market (especially FX series) at the moment. you may need to sacrifice a bit of mhz though.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.