[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't they make touchpads like these anymore? They're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160713_191648_HDR.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160713_191648_HDR.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3120
Why don't they make touchpads like these anymore? They're much nicer to use in my opinion.
>>
>>55580231
Trackpoints are clearly the superior solution. Touchpads should be banned and IBM should be forced to give up all its trackpoint patents, so everyone can make them freely.
>>
>>55580327
Trackpoints are shit unless you're using something 1024x768 or lower.
>>
>>55580327
What the fuck dude...
>>
>>55580231

Because it doesn't look hip/cool/modern/with-it anymore since Apple completely removed physical buttons from their touchpad and pretty much their word is law when it comes to aesthetics..

"If you can't into design, copy Apple."

I bet if Apple removed the KB and trackpad on a MB and replaced it with some tablet-like screen, they could easily get away with it. Then a few years down the line other laptop manufacturers would crop up with their take on Apple design.

tl;dr blame Apple
>>
>>55580406
But I like the little bumps while using the touchpad :(
>>
>>55580327
This
Everyone looks at me like am autist for using the "red nipple"
Oh god they are missing out.

It's funny to see people use my thinkpad and have the trackpad disabled. They are forced to use the trackpoint and the way they use it is hilarious. They don't even have the right hand/finger position.
>>
>>55580231
Are you kidding? That's probably the worst type of trackpad to ever exist. Inverse dimples + glossy plastic = shitty trackpad that clean fingers stick to. You have to have greasy potato chip fingers or be a walking oil well before they can be used somewhat smoothly.

When working on friends' laptops the ones with trackpads like that were the easily the most frustrating
>>
File: 1460385660570.jpg (226 KB, 1438x1415) Image search: [Google]
1460385660570.jpg
226 KB, 1438x1415
I prefer high-quality matte touchpads to glossy ones. By high-quality referring to their resistance to wear.

My two Acer's matte touchpads have zero signs of wear after four plus years of use, while my HP's matte touchpad is worn down to a glossy, sticky mess.
>>
lol i hated these things

but it seems people get nostalgic over any thing these days, even crap from 2007-2009
>>
>>55581954
OP here. I'm still using this laptop, it's not for nostalgia, I genuinely prefer this over flat matte touchpads.

Those start to look worn out and trashy after a couple of years, this still looks new after a quick wipe.

>>55581807
>clean fingers stick to
Wtf, never had that happen.
>>
>>55582213
"sticky" as in higher friction, not literal glue sticky

the best trackpads are low-friction
>>
>>55582334
Oh, I see.

For me, the matte ones are usually more grippy, even the macbook ones.
Haven't tried high end laptops from other brands though, but this one laptop I tried at the store had a textured touchpad with thin lines going across it to match the rest of the laptop design.

Was horrible, would never buy that laptop.
>>
>>55580231
I wonder this too
>>
>>55580231
Because it's the worst kind of trackpad ever created. Glass clickpads are the masterrace.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.