[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there proof of Nvidia gimping GPU's?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: ccXSLsj1_400x400.jpg (15 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
ccXSLsj1_400x400.jpg
15 KB, 400x400
Is there proof of Nvidia gimping GPU's?
>>
>>55572673
3.5GB
>>
>>55572799
I mean reducing their performance via driver updates to get you go buy the newest one.
>>
>>55572673
Don't you notice how they magically always make sure the new midrange cards aren't faster than the previous gen's flagship, etc. etc.

Always goes exactly according to their business model.
>>
>>55572818
except the 1070 completely destroys the 980ti
>>
>>55572673
780ti and 780
>>
>>55573367
But
The 980ti beats it in some titles when both overclocked
>>
Nvidia always had a specific driver that maxes performance of that card in perpetuity. Once passed that threshold they lose performance and never improve. Been that way since before the 7800gtx and the driver team meme
>>
>>55574626
Catalyst drivers were always panned because of .net. They are loads better with AMD.
>>
>>55574626
Wouldn't that be easy as fuck to test?
Just install driver, benchmark, install another driver, benchmark again etc. until you test all the drivers you want to test

any amateur could do this test in a single days time

but nobody has done it,
you wonder why?
Because nobody but the gentoo retards at /g/ believe this meme.
>>
>>55574675
Um yea it's easy to test for hence why I've watched my two 4600 two 7800 two 8800 get worse. My 460 my 465. Certain drivers are clearly better.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.