[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: sqt.jpg (164 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
sqt.jpg
164 KB, 640x960
/sqt/

You boys know the drill.
>>
Last thread died before I could get an answer but do im looking for opinions on whether the "go=OpenGL-hq" option is worth it for mpv considering the significantly increased power draw it has on my laptop.
>>
File: 1370424208145.jpg (10 KB, 177x149) Image search: [Google]
1370424208145.jpg
10 KB, 177x149
What's a recommended image viewer?
>>
I bought a laptop but I don't know what all the keys do, and I couldn't find anything on the internet that told me. Where would I find something like that?
>>
Iam using debian 8 on ym x220. WLAN is not working as standard after debian installation. I have to install some driver from a repo? Is it right to install the iwlwifi?
>>
>>55567011

Can't go wrong with Irfanview if you're on Windows. A bit old at this point but still very powerful.
>>
>>55567026
The manual.
>>
>>55567026

Looking up the manual for your specific make and model of laptop is probably the best bet.
>>
File: mobile.png (264 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
mobile.png
264 KB, 720x1280
I'm running an unofficial build of CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1) on my HTC Jewel and the "mobile data" button in the Notification Drawer's Quick Settings doesn't actually toggle the mobile data on and off. It just takes me to the mobile data stats page. This is pretty annoying, since now I have to go to Settings > Mobile Data > toggle to toggle my mobile data on and off. I've read that this was a change from Android 4.4 to Android 5.0 and up. It's really bothersome and I'd like to find a way to make this button work again.

Unfortunately I can't use the "Custom Quick Settings" app and other standard workarounds because my phone is not rooted. It used to be, but I had to un-root for a few mobile games that I play because they detect root and won't allow you to play if it's detected. RootCloak 2 and similar root hiding techniques did not help. I'd prefer not to re-root my phone since I would lose access to these games.

I don't suppose making a few edits to the OS I'm running and then compiling it myself would be a viable option? I've never edited nor compiled an Android OS before, but I'm no stranger to coding.

I'd appreciate any insight on how to make this button function as an actual toggle for the mobile data again.
>>
What's a good manual to help me learn and use as a reference for Swift?
>>
File: 1389506682664.jpg (254 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1389506682664.jpg
254 KB, 1000x1500
>>55567045
>>55567065
It was refurbished so I didn't get one, but I'll look it up. Thanks!
>>
What's a good terminal based music player to use on OS X? I was using Cmus but now it has a perpetual error 140 due to a lack of compatibility updates on The Carbon Component Manager. Either a fix or a new player that's even better would be appreciated.
>>
I have multiple drives. If Debian is on drive 1, and Windows 7 is on drive 3, is it safe to install another copy of Windows 7 on drive 2, or is it gonna go full retard with the GRUB and the MBR?
>>
I got a copyright notice from comcast for pirating a show

Protocol decryption was disabled in my client for some reason, so I enabled that
Will that stop them from tracking what I'm downloading? If not, what else should I do?

I know it's just an empty scare tactic but I'd rather not risk getting more strikes
>>
Looking for a new pointing device since I hate the ergonomics of my current mouse. It has a \____| cross-section to it rather than a \____/ cross-section that I would prefer so it doesn't slip out of my hands, not to mention that it's back-heavy. I'm considering a Mionix Avior 7000, but I'm also considering a Wacom Intuos Art Pen and Touch since pen input is comfy. Gaming isn't a priority, but I would like remappable buttons and tight responsiveness. Has to work on Debian.
>>
>>55567319

Do you mean protocol encryption?

I really depends on how advanced their systems are and how strong your encryption is. It can stop some basic forms of deep packet inspection but I would't count on it since they also probably use some sort of meta-analysis to determine if you're pirating also.
>>
where do I input the poptart into my driver
>>
Python GUI framework that doenst suck or is not qt?
>>
What's the best website for explaining building a PC as if I were a five year old?

I'm confident enough in the building, but I have no fucking idea what I should be looking for in a graphics card.
>>
On Windows 7, can I track all the files that are being created on my hard drive, and which files are creating them? I want to be able to COMPLETELY remove a program after I install it, even if I need to hunt each file down manually, rather than deal with all the bloat that Windows is notorious for.
>>55567414
http://www.pcityourself.com/ and http://www.logicalincrements.com/
>>
>>55567414

Pretty decent article. Explains how to pick what to purchase and how to put it all together. Make sure you do research elsewhere also though. There's more to hardware than just pure specs.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2485251,00.asp
>>
>>55567427
>>55567449
Thank you so much.
>>
>>55567479
Really the only big points where you can choose flat out WRONGLY for a normal build is just making sure you have a big enough power supply, making sure that power supply has the appropriate cables for your motherboard and video card, and that your CPU and motherboard use the same CPU socket. Motherboards are going to need 20 or 24 pin connectors, with an additional 4 or 8 for the CPU, and video cards will use 0, 1, or 2 connectors with 6 or 8 pins each. Past that, just don't do something stupid like buy a heat-sink that needs 200mm of clearance in a case that offers 160mm, or an eATX form-factor motherboard and a micro-ATX case.
>>
>>55566954
anyone shopped at ikea by themselves? hows getting a heavy object by yourself to the car work out?
>>
I have an Nvidia driver issue. The GPU crashes on me. It is GTX750 2GB, I did the delay thing, but that gives me a blue screen. How should I configure MSI Afterburner for this? On dxdiag it says Approx. Total Memory of 4041 MB though. Seems like a driver issue because this problem has been going through multiple Windows installations. I searched around on Google but not much has helped me.
>>
Is it impossible to disable all updates on Windows 10 Professional?

I've been considering it, and I've heard conflicting things. Some say yes you can disable them, some say you will be forced to download after some time.
>>
using "search" in windows file explorer causes it to crash soonafter
I'm on windows 8, and although I can find other people with the same issue on google I can't find any solutions
Anyone have an idea what the problem is or how to fix?
>>
>>55567604
Maybe? I've heard that setting your network as a metered one in your network connections works, but I wouldn't trust anything short of an external firewall.
>>
Why don't browser vendors add a different parser on the frontend of their javascript engines to allow another less bad language to take over?
>>
>>55567370
encryption, yeah

i only enabled the default encryption in utorrent, should i get a VPN?
i've never been contacted from an ISP about this stuff before now so I'm a bit paranoid
>>
>>55567479
>>55567559

Further advice is to never skimp on a power supply. I don't mean with the wattage or amperage on your +12vs since with those you get what you need plus a little wiggle room but rather never buy some unknown brand, poorly made, super cheap unit . You run the risk of getting a faulty unit that can seriously kill everything in your machine because it randomly spiked its power output by an insane amount. A lot of times with these it's not even something you realize until its too late because rather than it killing your components immediately it's slowly degrading them through excessive output.

Seen quite a few friends build great rigs but skimp on the PSU only to have, sometime down the line, the unit burn out in the best case scenario and fry the mobo, HDD, etc with it in worst.
>>
I'm trying to extract sound file from a page.

Can't find anything decent.
Any help?

http://pastebin.com/raw/4StmuPys
>>
>>55567823
nwm got it sorted
>>
File: 8Oo2Mvo.png (160 KB, 1906x776) Image search: [Google]
8Oo2Mvo.png
160 KB, 1906x776
everytime i install a program.

I double click the program to launch it, but nothing ever happens. The icon is a wine symbol for some reason, but it is using the program "run software"
>>
File: Pic3.jpg (17 KB, 475x350) Image search: [Google]
Pic3.jpg
17 KB, 475x350
What's the best hearing aid-compatible phone both in terms of price and transmission quality?
>>
>>55566997

Any input on this one? I know I could side by side comparisons but I'd prefer to get opinions since I'm sure it depends on the video quality, resolution, bitrate, etc as well.
>>
I passworded my Windows 10 admin account and made a limited user account for daily use.
Then I logged out as the admin account.

Can a hacker still compromise my system without knowing the administrator password? What ways could it be done?
>>
File: wat is hapen ehlp.jpg (17 KB, 456x209) Image search: [Google]
wat is hapen ehlp.jpg
17 KB, 456x209
So i'm logged in on the root shell in Ubuntu and as illustrated in pic related i want to be able to switch from folder 3 to folder 7 right away, but whenever i type in this command here;

cd basefolder/folder6/folder7

I just get the following error message in return every time no matter what:

>File or directory not found

Just what exactly am i doing wrong here? Is the syntax wrong or something? Tried a couple others aswell but those didn't work either

And yes i've never really used a linux shell before so be gentle on me pls
>>
Would it be a stupid idea to buy a 1080 at this current moment in time?
>>
I'm not usually the tinfoil hat kind but I'm suspicious about certain activity on my phone.

At night I put my phone nearby and sometimes I notice the camera flash blinking once randomly. What can I do to see if there's any suspicious activity in my phone?
>>
>>55568138
It's looking for a folder named "folder7" in "folder6", I'm guessing you'd have to exit folder6 and then go to folder7. My only experience doing this sort of thing was backing up my files when I accidentally removed my DE, so I can't speak with a ton of experience.
>>
how can I fast forward or skip mandatory videos, where I need to watch through them to get to the next one?
>>
>>55566954
Is there a way to boot from one of the PCI slots on a Dell Optiplex 390? It has BIOS version A02.

My partition plans keeps hitting issues, and adding another bootable hard drive would be the simplest solution I can think of at this point.
>>
>>55568203
nice context
>>
>>55568147
Depends on what you would use it for.
>>
Isn't it supposed to be 'small questions thread'?
>>
File: 098098.png (4 KB, 454x96) Image search: [Google]
098098.png
4 KB, 454x96
Is there a null key I can set in AHK?

I'm using someone else code but I get errors if I try and remove the key bindings
>>
>>55567011
Honeyview
>>
>>55568420
No. It isn't. Go back to tumblr, P.C. police.
>>
>>55568127
If you mean they have unrestricted physical access, they can pretty much do whatever they want unless you encrypt your system, which nobody does. Even then there's a good chance they could set up something to wait and harvest your password next time you log on. As far as "hacking" over the internet, it really depends on what vulnerabilities come up. Something in your network security, or browser, or system that hasn't been patched yet. The browser is the most likely point of attack. Javascript/java/flash are weak points. It's possible for you to visit a page and have no signs that it infected you. Windows also has a very high rate of infection from joining "free" wireless networks that are hosted by "hackers" to inject malware into your system. Also flash drives, although since autorun got turned off by default that's less common.
>>
>>55568420
We should vote on it
>>
Not sure if this is applicable to g, but here goes:

I want to buy a Twitter @. A good, short, real word. I've heard that there are lots of squatters who sell @s, but I have yet to find any. Yes, I know it's against Twitter's TOS. Do you have any ideas?
>>
>>55568530
...aaaaaaaand I'm old.
>>
Ok I don't see any thread or general for MPC-HC or other video players, I have sub files that go to certian episodes, everytime I drag it into MPC I get either offset or the wrong episode, google's giving me other odd answers refering to the database, but I just want to assign a video a subtitle file and have it play correctly
>>
why do we use Dwight Schrute as the sqt mascot
>>
>>55568587
QUESTION
>>
Can I put windows on a new PC's internal HDD then move it to a SSD in the future?
>>
>>55568635
Yes.
Macrium Reflect
>>
>>55568461
Well I just used the scroll lock key.

It's a script that shows the volume level on the screen when you change it.

I control the volume with a macro on my mouse, is there any way to have this show up when the volume changes, instead of it waiting for you to press the hotkey it has set?

Using this - revision 3

https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/94165-simple-volume-osd/
>>
>>55568574
Might as well add they're .srt files
>>
I've been trying to install Windows 7 from USB and it gives me an error about needing device drivers. I made the usb bootable via Rufus. I've been googling around for days, tried external usb 3.0 driver creators with no success, I can't seem to disable 3.0 in my BIOS. Would an iso with service pack 1 and/or 2 fix my problem and if so where can I find them? A lot of the links I find on Google are removed.
>>
How can I increase the file size of a PDF?

A stupid requirement asks me for files that have to be over 200kb but under 800kb
>>
What distros have hot corners functions pre-installed? As far as I know, ElementaryOS, Deepin, all KDE5 desktops.
What else?
>>
>>55568727
>>55568574
Rename them to the episode titles.
>>
>>55568903
They're like that in the first place, this shit comes up
>>
File: Capture.png (125 KB, 910x695) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
125 KB, 910x695
>>55568930
They're probably timed wrong. You can shift the times in Aegisub, but I'm not going to give you a tutorial on how to use it.
>>
Is there supposed to be a small gap between 24pin connector and motherboard socket?
>>
>>55568967
>Aegisub
I'll start there, thanks
>>
>>55568811
You're not that guy from earlier asking about linux distros to copy drivers are you? I assume you have a skylake processor?
>>
>>55563424
>WTFPL
Readtthe link I gave you to answer the question
>>
>>55568979
No, push it down properly while supporting the mobo with your other hand so it doesn't bend. There should be this little clip in the middle of the connector, if it fits with the socket it's good.
>>
about ssd and hdd on windows 10
i just bougt a laptop which didnt have ssd included so before isntalling windows i put ssd in it, installed windows in ssd and now hdd is still a system disc and is not usable. disc manager finds it, it's file system is fat32 while all other are ntfs. I can't format it. What do
>>
>>55568811
Have you tried using USB 2.0 ports instead of 3.0?

>>55569017
No it's not me.

t. that guy from yesterday. [spoiler]fixed it btw[/spoiler]
>>
>>55569060
Hm, the pc was delivered to me with it plugged in like that, i routed cable where i wanted and i couldnt get it in all the way. They clip didnt snap in. I didnt wanna push too hard because the whole thing was twisting.
>>
>>55569084
I'm curios to know how you did it. Seems like something that might come up again.
>>
Why is the Sony Xperia Z2 such a fragile piece of shit? I've had the thing for 18 months and the screen has cracked 6 times, even though I keep it in a protective case and look after it. I refuse to get insurance for it, which is admittedly a very bad decision which has cost me hundreds of pounds.
>>
Will officially unlocking the Bootloader on my Redmeme delete my data?
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-14+at+02.20.03).png (22 KB, 483x238) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-14+at+02.20.03).png
22 KB, 483x238
All of a sudden after a windows update I am getting admin checks like this, and I think it's messing up some programs. How do I disable this shit altogether? And I already turned off UAC.
>>
How do I spoof my GPS location for Pokémon go? Using mock locations kills GPS within the app and mock mock locations from xposed doesn't work.
>>
>>55569097
I wanted to use USB Windows 7 installation tool from GIGABYTE, but every time I wanted to add drivers to the iso on the thumb drive it failed.

Here is the solution I used with the help of other Anon:
I took the cd that came with the mobo and copied it whole on the stick.
Then I booted from said USB stick, selected repair Windows installation, opened CMD from options there, and manually copied the cd contents to my HDD. Restarted PC, installed drivers and it works like a charm.
>>
>>55569147

You need to take ownership of the root tree (or wherever is restricted) from the admin account.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/ - This is one solution. You can also do a registry hack to do it manually.
>>
>>55569094
You bought a prebuilt or have it assembled for you? Does the computer work?
>>
>>55569132
If its encrypted yes
Even if it isn't you should make a backup
>>
>>55569174
Thank you. Would it be safe/is there any reason not to just do this in every directory on my C: drive? Like Program Files (x86), Program Files, and so on.
>>
>>55569169
Cool. Thanks
>>
>>55567319
HBO show? Just curious. You were likely caught because one of the seeds/peers were monitoring on behalf of the media network involved and logged your ip when your client tried connecting to aforementioned shill client
>>
>>55569205
In general you don't want to remove security restrictions without a reason. They're put there in the first place to protect your system
>>
File: otter.jpg (86 KB, 600x625) Image search: [Google]
otter.jpg
86 KB, 600x625
>>55567122
>9/10
>fucking disgusting wooden doors ruin the picture
>>
>>55569017
i have an i7-6700.
>>55569084
I only have 3.0 ports and can't disable them in my gigabyte BIOS.
>>
Anyone got Samsung Galaxy J3 here? Good phone or not?
>>
File: 1454637012296.jpg (8 KB, 216x298) Image search: [Google]
1454637012296.jpg
8 KB, 216x298
I'm blocking sites in my hosts file
do I have to put in just the domain
for example
127.0.0.1 9gag.com
or do I put in https, http, https://www, and http://www versions of the domain to make sure it is truly blocked?
>>
>>55569252
Well I don't THINK slipstreaming updates would help, but it's possible. SP1 should be included in your iso anyway, although you could try and add the recent convenience rollup.

Have you tried this:

http://gigabytedaily.blogspot.com/2015/09/having-trouble-installing-windows-7-by.html
>>
>>55569364
apparently the iso i used is 5 years old, going to try a new iso with all the packages included etc
>>
>>55569183
Assembled for me. I dont know if it works yet because i have trouble finding active dvi-d to vga adapter, but i sure can hear fans and hard drive spinning.
>>
>>55569386
You should definitely have SP1 included. But most other updates havent made it to install media unless you add them manually.

You can try downloading a more recent W7:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

And slipstream convenience rollup:

http://www.howtogeek.com/255540/the-last-windows-7-iso-youll-ever-need-how-to-slipstream-the-convenience-rollup/

But I'm not sure that's your problem. Did you check out that blogspot link?
>>
>>55569400
Well, if it works, it works. I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
File: weqweqewqwe.jpg (8 KB, 186x272) Image search: [Google]
weqweqewqwe.jpg
8 KB, 186x272
This might sound a bit creepy, but I need to find someone online. I have their Ip address, area code, city, state, and first name. How do I put those together and find this person?
>>
>>55569577
Get a subpoena for the ISP
>>
>>55569577
I find your pic related disturbing.
>>
Is i5-2500k still good? Will it finally be the bottleneck after I bought a 1060/RX480? I haven't OC'd it yet but I've bought this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BSKY1M4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also what should I be OCing it around?
>>
>>55569648
Depends on the game but it should handle most things fine.
>>
>>55568138
>>55568138
Pleasu respondu

I feel like this is such a simple yet also retarded problem

I mean what could possibly be fucking wrong with that piece of code holy fuck
>>
>>55569648
It's still a good processor, but there's no point in going that far back if you're buying. You want to buy something current or last gen to get those extra years out of it
>>
>>55569482
the gigabyte tool won't detect anything in the source area except for the CD drive, so I can't actually use it.
>>
>>55569728
What os are you running the tool from? I remember the dell tool would only run from 8.1 up
>>
>>55569818
I was running it on a windows 10 laptop
>>
>>55569728
So it sees a windows 7 dvd in the drive?
>>
>>55569860
it just detects the dvd drive, which is empty. hopefully this newer iso solves my problem otherwise i feel fucked
>>
>>55566954
how tf do i get rid of pop ups?

on a mac and was using adblock but theres 'deal sale etc' ads always popping up

also getting pop ups on threads and catalog at the bottom of the screen

wat do
>>
>>55569881
So it SEES it as empty, or the disk drive physically IS empty? Anyway I wouldn't bother with the slipstreaming, just download the disk from microsoft.
>>
>>55569918
it is physically empty.
>>
>>55569903
Switch to adblock plus.
>>
>>55569903
like this
>>
>>55569924
Well that's what I'm saying. Put a windows 7 dvd in it and see if it shows up
>>
>>55569927
thats the one i was using

other extensions like adblock?
>>
>>55569945
Add more block lists and uncheck allow unobtrusive advertizing
>>
>>55569935
I'll burn my iso to dvd if it doesn't work and then try that tool on it. Just going through the slow Rufus process on this new iso right now.
>>
How would I force an external hard drive to stay awake? I'm trying to seed from mine but it appears that it sleeps 30 minutes if no manual use has happened, therefore qbittorrent doesn't find the files

How do I prevent this from happening?
>>
>>55570013
I'd use the official microsoft tool unless you have a reason not to:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool
>>
>>55570035
cp>power options>choose when to turn of display>advanced power settings>hard disk
>>
>>55568196
>>55568196
Actually folder7 is a subdirectory of folder 6 lel, not a separate folder (same goes for the other ones, top ones are the main directories and as you descend there's the subdirectories within other subdirectories etc)

My bad, i just realized i probably should have mentioned this in the graph itself

So yeah do i have to change the syntax in this case because it's a subdirectory? If so wats the command for that supposed to look like
>>
>>55570013
>>55570045

You could also just mount the iso using winCDEmu to save time. Actually making a dvd is kind of redundant when everything's being copied to a USB in the end anyway.

http://wincdemu.sysprogs.org/
>>
>>55568138
cd basefolder/folder7?
>>
>>55569945
Try uBlock Origins.
>>
Internet connection speed limit per city depends on ISP, right?

Also, reducing my connection's speed, because my area's maximum limit is far too less than it, wouldn't really affect me in anyway, right?

We have a connection of 24 Mbps, but we merely get 10 out of it and I think that has to do with the whole area's Internet connection speed limit.

I wasn't the one who took care of things with the ISP, but now I am asked a question and I don't know much, so I'm asking you /sqt/
>>
>>55568138
>>55569706
are you saying that you're in folder3 and want to switch to folder7 and the numbered folders are under basefolder? If so then
cd ../folder7
should work. Your command searches the current folder for basefolder and then searches for folder6 then folder 7. If you're not in the directory above basefolder then your command won't work. Every directory has the . which leads to the current directory and the .. which leads to the directory above it. I'm not entirely sure what you're asking though.
>>
>>55570078
How would I do this in linux
>>
I'm trying to overclock my 60hz monitor and whenever I try to set it above 71hz it automatically reverts to the default (59hz).

Does that mean the maximum is 71hz or is there some way around this?
>>
>>55570375
You can try running an ookla speed test and see what your actual speed is. You can also check what your max speed is on the router for most dsl providers. If those are slower than advertized, you can call up and ask why and see if something can be done about it. Sometimes things are just slow temporarily because of congestion. But sometimes they are always slow or the physical medium just cant support a faster connection. In that case there shouldn't be any difference if you reduce your plan.
>>
>>55570421
You never know when particular linux advice is too old to be aplicable, but you can try this:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1411027
>>
Is there a tool that can notify me when a thread with a certain phrase or image is posted?
>>
Maybe I should've posted here.
Anyway, can anyone help me with this >>>55570510?
>>
File: Untitled.png (17 KB, 439x440) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
17 KB, 439x440
What the fuck is this?
I never verified a phone, I'm guessing this is one of those throw-away numbers.
I've never had to do this before, I've always clicked "skip"
What the hell do I do? I don't know when I created my google account either..
The password is correct. What the fuck. Is my account just dead?
Wat do?
>>
I want to have different git emails
>commit my serious projects using my official @[university-name].edu
>commit my dank stuff with a garbage cock.li address.

Is it possible?
Is the only way to do it is to create a new ``dank'' user and log into it everytime I want to work on my non official projects?
>>
>>55570628
Choose the last option and try and validate as much info as possible. The password should help. Also try doing it on your home wifi. They take ip into account.
>>
>>55570649
It's the same computer and IP that I've always used.
It hasn't changed in years, senpai.
The only option is "when was your account created"
>>
Is getting a pay-monthly phone plan just a meme? Seems like it would be much cheaper in the long run to just buy the handset outright and pay-as-you-go, given that more and more phone services are now provided for free over wifi, and wifi coverage is getting more and more widespread (in Europe, at least).
>>
>>55570671
In america paygo is ludicrously cheaper. But I hear we're worse than europe
>>
maybe u can use script blocker, the pop up will be and still appear, but it is empty tab cause it's blocked already
>>
>>55570692
I sort of took pay monthly as a given, but I've been comparing prices and it seems like it might be way more expensive. Most plans are something like £25 per month (up to £40-50pm for the latest phones) for 48 months, and sometimes have a cost for handset too. Even if you buy the handset for ~£150 and then went paygo, I'd have thought you'd save money over the 2 year period.
>>
>>55570749
I meant 24 months, not 48 months - I think you can get both, but 24 months is the most common.
>>
Debian Unstable

Best tearfree/good fonts browser?

Best way to automount drives without a DE?

How to use another gui su program on KDE or have it remember my password?

What should I do with a floppy?

How to change ugly notifications from KDE Connect?

How to get DeadBeef to show up?

Best ultra lightweight programs?
>File manager,browser,wm,text editor,media player,document viewer

Any of these would be huge help
>>
>>55570745
it's an inline script.
>>
>>55570628
A hacker got hold of your account and set up a 2-step sign in with a random number. You are fucked.
>>
>>55567396
SFML?
>>
>>55570749
Yeah that's about right. Everybody thinks 'ooh a free phone!' But they really rake you over the coals for it. It's really easy to just buy a 3rd party phone off ebay or amazon (moreso in europe where everything is standardized gsm) for WAY less than what you save. I'll never bother with a contract plan again
>>
Ok so I fucked up with some dlls and now both Chrome and iTunes won't open. I tried to use the "fixing" option for iTunes but nothing works.
Chrome instantanly crashes, the process stays for only a split second.
UserData folder only contains a Crashpad folder.
Chromium works fine though
>>
>>55570801
RIP

>>55570628
I found an account created the same date and put the creation date in, still nothing.
Does google have any non-automated account recovery?
fug
>>
>>55570994
For Chrome:

Save the Appdata files from Chrome, reinstall it (or copy/paste the missing dlls from somewheree) and paste the old Appdata files in there again.
>>
>>55571025
no
just an hero
you are free from the botnet
>>
File: Ross-Why-Would-You-Do-That.gif (483 KB, 250x190) Image search: [Google]
Ross-Why-Would-You-Do-That.gif
483 KB, 250x190
>>55570994
Do you know the general location they were in?
>>
>>55571036
Thing is, Crashpad is the only thing that I have left in Appdata in the Chrome folder.

>>55571059
Not really, I ran a duplicate finder scan to save some space but forgot to exclude system files like the dumbass I am.
>>
>>55571085
Is there a log of what was deleted?
>>
>>55571099
Sadly not, would have looked it up myself otherwise.
>>
>>55571025
try calling them
>>
>>55571085
Alright, start by repairing system files:

Go to start>Type CMD
Right click and run as Administrator
type sfc /scannow

If you get errors, repeat up to 2 more times.
Then you should be good to reinstall chrome and itunes if they're still giving you shit.
>>
>>55571123
>thank you for calling google, this is moot, how may I be of service today
>>
is there a way to convert audio into an image? i'm not talking about displaying the sound waves, i mean just like you can open graphic files as an audio files and play them there should be a way to turn the raw data into a graphic representation right?
>>
>>55571285
I know you can do it the other way around i.e import a picture as raw data in Audacity, you would need to find an image viewer capable of importing raw data.
>>
File: a.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1280) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1280
>>55571285
like this?

playback;
convert a.jpg rgb:- | aplay -c1 -fu8 -r48000
>>
>>55571150
Alright so the scan ended, and no errors were found
>>
>>55571308
yeah, i'll look for something like this
>>55571418
sorry i don't know what any of that means
>>
>>55571505
>sorry i don't know what any of that means
it's raw audio encoded as a jpeg image
>>
>>55566954
Good image uploader?

Just wanna send a photo to my laptop by uploading it to like a safe website like imgur, but safe, lol
>>
>>55571633
just send it directly to your laptop
>>
>>55571655
No
>>
>>55571675
why not?
>>
File: 1383108176490.png (195 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1383108176490.png
195 KB, 500x281
I'm trying to look for a certain users posts on defunct site and I'm not having any luck.
The site was formspring and there's supposedly an archive but having given it a look i would have no idea how i can find what I'm looking for or if it's even possible.

Here's where it's archived.
https://archive.org/details/archiveteam_formspring&tab=collection
Username is bokkiedog

If anyone can help me find what i'm looking for i can give them a steam game, I've got Metal Gear Rising and The Witcher 2.
>>
>>55567571
Ask an associate.
>>
there's a web interface i can access on my local network by going to [internal ip]:[port]
how can i set it up to be accessible from any internet-connected pc?

(sorry is this is babby-tier, pls no bully)
>>
Can i run a 144hz 1ms 1920 x 1080p monitor with a laptop that has 2 gb of gddr5 ram?
>>
What's a good way to record video and audio on a non-rooted Android? I tried AZ Video Recorder but due to "security", Google doesn't let them record internal sound.
>>
Are HDMI cables the same for 1080p and 4K? There are multiple version standards (i.e. 2.0) and cheap cables on Newegg never have proper descriptions...
>>
Debian Unstable

Best tearfree/good fonts browser?

Best way to automount drives without a DE?

How to use another gui su program on KDE or have it remember my password?

What should I do with a floppy?

How to change ugly notifications from KDE Connect?

How to get DeadBeef to show up?

Best ultra lightweight programs?
>File manager,browser,wm,text editor,media player,document viewer

Any of these would be huge help
>>
I'm trying to make a program the displays the first 100 Fibonacci numbers, but am running into a small obstacle: After the 94th number, the program stops giving the correct answer (I assume because of overflow).

How can I make even larger numbers? I'm guessing it has something to do with string manipulation...

Here's my code
void fibonacci( int n);

#include <stdio.h>
#include <iostream>

const int SIZE = 100;
unsigned long long fibArray [SIZE] = {1, 1};
int main()
{
std::cout << fibArray[0];
fibonacci(SIZE);
}

void fibonacci(int n)
{
int counter = 2;
if(n > 1)
{
while(counter < n )
{
fibArray[counter] = fibArray[counter-1] + fibArray[counter-2];
std::cout << "At " << (counter+1) << ", the fibonacci number equals " << fibArray[counter] << std::endl;
counter++;
}
}
}
>>
1080p @ 144fps or 1440p @ 60fps?
>>
>>55572217
144hz > 1440p > 1080p
>>
>>55572217
always go for refresh rates with FPS (or anything that needs fast reactions and low interpolation), and for resolution when playing pretty much anything else
>>
what do you use to backup your data on Windows?

is there something that works as smoothly/easily as Time Machine for OS X?
What is the best free solution in your opinion?
>>
Any tutorials how to encrypt HDD or Pendrive?
>>
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167391&ignorebbr=1

will this work in my thinkpad r400?
>>
>>55569577
are you a rapist/murderer?
>>
Instead of just asking idividually what part i should get for each one in the entire computer i'm just going to post this.
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/f2VGGf
Just please fix my shit.
PS: I know the motherboard is overkill as shit, that is one of the things i was going to change.
>>
>>55572583
If there is something specific you need to back up (A photo album or something) which doesn't need to be backed up often i would say look into Amazon's tape servers. They are very cheap GB/$ wise but they charge extra every time you download or upload data.
>>
How do I rice icecat/ff?
>>
>>55572702
I already have an external HD I can use. I need to backup all my projects in case my internal HD dies on me and all is lost.
I'm looking into File History, would that work?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-14_17-46-22.png (75 KB, 694x522) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-14_17-46-22.png
75 KB, 694x522
help
>>
>>55572644
>dumping 85 quid on fans
m8
the case already comes with three
you know you don't have to use all the fan slots, right?
and that, given the same temp, eight fans at low rpm is way noisier than four fans at medium/high rpm?
>>
Yesterday I went on kissanime.to and it kept saying "checking your browser".
isup.me says the website is down though.
Now my computer gets laggy sometimes.

Do i have a virus??? using Linux btw
>>
>>55572152
That's about big as you can get with standard C++.
Look up some thirdparty arbitrary precision arithmetic library, like GMP
>>
I got a new monitor (benq gw2470), hooked it up via hdmi to my GTX960 and the image looks slightly blurry (most noticable with text).
i cant for the life of me figure out how to fix this.
>>
>>55573020
You're being paranoid, looks like its just the CloudFlares anti-DDOS test.
>>
>>55573097
this might seem silly, but check that you're driving it at its native resolution
>>
>>55573112
checked that first, running at 1920x1080 as intended
>>
File: 1453773723185.png (352 KB, 500x520) Image search: [Google]
1453773723185.png
352 KB, 500x520
Where can i find a rx 480 for $280 or under?
>>
Building first computer. Got a few

Is it possible to connect the power and restart connections backwards? I can flip them. Mb instructions is sketchy at best

Do PSU normally come with SATA power cords?

Can I buy regular data cables. For ssd and hd. At target and not suffer for it
>>
File: Yl48tQw.jpg (165 KB, 1024x1344) Image search: [Google]
Yl48tQw.jpg
165 KB, 1024x1344
Is it-ebooks dead?
>>
>>55572973
God yeah i was gonna change that. I know that setup is fucked i just wanted to know exactly HOW fucked.
>>
>>55573322
yes
yes
iunno
>>
>>55572787
Why don't you just copy the files over every month or so and just leave it unplugged? Generally leaving your backup plugged in is kinda crap because malware could still delete it, which basically makes it pointless because then you need to backup your backup.
>>
I just flashed by x60s with libreboot without a problem but now I have no idea how to get into the BIOS menu to change my boot order to boot from USB.
>>
>>55573403
If it's backwards. Will something horrible happen or just not work?
>>
What's the best option to sync files from one PC to another?

I want to designate a folder on my home PC to sync to my laptop automatically. I know Google Drive and Dropbox can do something like that, but is there a better option?
>>
>>55573573
syncthing
>>
>>55573533
buttons can be plugged in backwards and work the same
LED's won't work backwards, as they're diodes, but i don't believe this will cause damage
>>
>>55573322
>yes, they're literally just there to close a circuit. you can turn the pc on by bridging the power pins with a screwdriver or something
>yes
>yes
>>
Is Teamviewer safe to use the yet? Or are they still gonna empty my Paypal account?
>>
Is it a bad idea to use the "acquired" version of Windows 7 as your main OS?

I have a job, bank account, email etc. I don't want to risk giving that to Vlad in Russia, or Shen Zin in China.
>>
what should I get for a cheap ass headphone amp?

I have a decent one for my PC, but for another room's setup I'm using a shitty walmart tier stereo's headphone output. Isn't there something I can buy for like $20 that gives me volume control?
>>
>>55573825
yes. just buy it.
>>
>>55573876
No, thank you though, I got my answer.
I can't justify to my self giving more money to them.

I'm running on Debian right now, I just wanted to make sure there is no going back.
>>
Any way to get the APKs for paid Android apps (that I paid for) without having a phone running Google Play Services? I flashed a ROM without Play Services and I need Tasker back.
>>
Always been an Android guy. Should I try IPhone? Isn't it a little too limited in terms of file navigation and amount of apps?
>>
>>55574062
I am pretty sure there are way more apps for iphone. It is extremely limited in terms of file navigation seeing how it has no file browser.
>>
Go for it. Had iphone. Got android. Probably going back to iPhone when phone dies
>>
>>55573337 I think it changes to ebooks-it
>>
I'm using oneechan with 4chan-x. Why won't animated banners play by default like it does without oneechan.
>>
>>55574116
aren't there any apps for iphone such as ES Explorer?
>>
>>55574161
I don't think you can acces your system files and so on without jailbreaking your phone. There are apps that simulate a file browser, but it is more like having a dropbox folder.
>>
how can i compress a webm as small as possible without losing too much quality?
>>
Just finished building my first desktop and I had a quick question.

When I was screwing in the mobo I think I left 2 of the holes unscrewed. Is this a serious problem or will it be ok? The reason I didn't screw it in from those places is because they weren't aligning perfectly with the holes in the case and I had to put a lot of force into the screws to get them to go in, so to be safe I just decided not to do it.
>>
File: 1467941418182.png (13 KB, 104x215) Image search: [Google]
1467941418182.png
13 KB, 104x215
Is there a list of relevant sites I should register to so as to avoid getting my new username stolen?
>>
>>55574146
Anyone? Animated banners aren't working properly with oneechan.
>>
File: windows-10-heaven.jpg (22 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
windows-10-heaven.jpg
22 KB, 620x349
Now that the free upgrade period is drawing to an end, ive suddenly got the urge to install windows 10.

is it an actual upgrade to windows 7 or should i just stick with what ive got.
my main concern is that being stuck far in the past video games devs will most likely jump to developing for newer OS.
if that happens, id be kicking myself if i actually had to buy windows 10 within the next year or so.

Also another question about the upgrade
does it remove the license of windows 7 and turn it into a windows 10 license(effectively deleting my OEM windows 7 copy), or would i be able to format and then install windows 7 without a problem, should i change my mind about the windows 10 thing.
>>
>>55574477
Why not dual boot?
>>
why does this type of USB cable exist
what advantages does it hold over the conventional (albeit symmetrical) design?
>>
>>55574418
?? they work for me
How do you even /not/ play them by default?
>>
>>55574501
i can look into it, though never done it before.
what are the pros of dual booting though?
>>
>>55573305
it depends. How fast can you run, senpai?
>>
>>55573305
Not where, child. When.
>>
>>55573410
Way too many files to copy each manually.
Also, version history is useful, you never know what you might need and when. Especially, you never know when you might need something you thought you didn't need anymore.
>>
File: autism.webm (3 MB, 711x400) Image search: [Google]
autism.webm
3 MB, 711x400
>>55574364
>I left 2 of the holes unscrewed
out of how many? what kind of build is it, and how much shit do you have hanging off your mobo? take a picture

>>55574247
use two-pass encoding, for the same size it'll look significantly better. also, use a low resolution, it will make the lower bitrate less apparent
and keep in mind that if a bit part of the pixels stay the same or almost, your encoding will be massively more efficient, for example for shots where the camera isn't moving, where there's not a whole lot going on, and for anime. see webm related
>>
>>55574534
After refreshing the page a certain amount of times the gifs work like they should rather than being treated like a jpg or png. I have no idea why it's working now, but it is.
>>
>>55574364
odds are that your mb is under tension if it's not seated properly and you're screwed it in place

do the ports fit into the I/O backing plate okay?
>>
Is trusurround worth shit, or should I leave it off?
>>
What's the best tripcode generator for GNU/Linux?
>>
>>55572152
log2(fibArray[100]) > 64

that means you need more than 64 bits for the integer representation...

you can try this with some clever maths

#include <cstdint>

struct uint256_t
{
std::uint64_t bits[4];
};

uint256_t x;

but any BIGINT solution should solve your problem
>>
>>55574526
people are stupid.
so with two different connectors they can't plug it into something they shouldn't.
>>
>orthodox file manager
What would You recommend for Windows?
>>
What would be the best GPU next to an i5-2500k overclock at 4.2 GHz?
>>
Is it possible to mix two audio inputs as one audio input on Windows?
Generally speaking, I want to talk with someone via Skype and play some games (PSP or some other console games) and just redirect both my microphone and the ingame sound to that one input for Skype to use.
>>
I got an email from TWC warning me about a botnet on my home network. I suspect that its picking up my VPNs and git usage as botnet activity. Should I be worried?
>>
I would like to install this Turtl server on my VPS.
https://turtl.it/
I don`t get it`s documentation how to do it. Can anyone post me instructions?
>>
How would I go about installing software on a usb?
Portable apps?
>>
>>55574963
yes
>>
WhatsApp is now end-to-end encrypted, but before that the TOS said that every photo you send with it is now owned by them.

Does the end-to-end encryption change that, or do they still have the right to every photo you send?
>>
I started using opennic dns servers, and now i can't resolve hostnames in my local network.
i ususally ssh into other computers with their hostname and i don't want to look up their ip every time i need to connect to them.

is there a way to resolve hostnames in my LAN with opennic servers?
>>
Is there a way I can make a table in LibreOffice that I can copy and paste into writer?
Every time I just copy the data directly, it's too wide and I can't format it at all.
>>
>>55575245
put them into your hosts file or run your own dns server that forwards unknown hosts to opennic.
>>
Is there a single android tablet on the market with these qualities:
>Less than $250.00
>Screen over 8"
>Runs Android 6 / CM13 / another Marshmallow custom rom
>Has a decent screen resolution and storage space like my old tablet (1280x1920, 32 GB+Micro SD)
>Has notably better hardware than my old tablet (1.5 GHz dual-core ARM Cortex A9, 1GB Ram).

For reference I currently have a Barnes and Noble Nook HD+ running CM11 that I bought 3 years ago for $170
>>
I need a new phone, never had a contract before but I'm interested in getting a cheap contract phone (£7.50 a month/£10 a month). I know next to nothing about phones, does anyone have any recommendations?
>>
>>55575306
don't buy phones in combination with contracts, it's much cheaper buying both separately
>>
What's the cheapest way a student in Scotland can get on the internet?

I'm moving up north for University and if I can't get a flat with WiFi in it I'll die. Unlimited data plans for mobile/cell phones are hella expensive
>>
how to get into electrical engineering? Recommend books/resources?
>>
>>55567213
It might full retard depending on which drive is your boot drive but if it does you can fix it with boot-repair. (Download the image and most likely the default settings will work for you)
>>
>>55567594
you sure it's not a hardware issue?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.