[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have any inkling of an AMD 480 aftermarket cooler release
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Anyone have any inkling of an AMD 480 aftermarket cooler release date?

Debating on returning my 970 and picking up an aftermarket 480 instead. But it'll only work if it comes out by August.
>>
the AIB versions are out july 29
>>
>>55566452
is that based on the sapphire release date?

If it's that soon, I'd be happy to return my 970 and wait the 3 weeks to get a better card.
>>
Wait for the novideo shills to comment and tell you 3.5GB is enough for years to come :^)
>>
>>55567204
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
I have a 970 with the reference cooler (gainward).
Its so unbearably noisy it fucks me up.
I'd like to buy some silent air cooler for it.
Is there anything else than arctic accelero xtreme IV? With the vram cooling module its so fucking huge I dont think it can be compatible with my motherboard (asrock z77 pro3). The accelero xtreme III might be an option but its not available in my country anymore.
Any tips what to buy? (inb4 another gpu, I bought this bc it was sold cheap as shit secondhand)
>>
>>55566345
overclockers.co.uk says July 22 in their preorder date. Could be sooner in US, idk.
>>
>>55568382

Alpenföhn, NZXT and Prolimatech also make GPU coolers. You could look into those.
>>
>>55568768
Thank you, I found that raijintek morpheus II core edition would be the way to go, sadly it isnt available here.
>>
>>55568768

accelero as well.
>>
>>55569244
yeah but as i have said, their newer models have the 23mm bacpklate thingy, and im affraid it would clash with my mobo (im not sure, it might just fit in, but i cant waste money on a "maybe it will fit" stuff), and the older models arent available in my country anymore.
>>
>>55569265

well you know you can do what i did, just not put the backplate on at all.

my 290x got a major bump in performance after i switched
>>
If the aftermarket 480s have 8 pin PCI plugs, and I only have a 6 pin plug on my PSU, would it be better for me to use a 1 x 6 pin to 8 pin adapter, or a 2 x 6 pin to 8 pin adapter and use a molex to 6 pin adapter as well ?
>>
>>55570959
>1 x 6 pin to 8 pin adapter
>>
>>55566345

Protip: Fury non-X is available now for 340 eur in many webs, meaning >30% perf over AIB 480 for 15% more price.
>>
>>55566452
Sauce?
>>
>>55570959
If molex provides enough wattage than go with 2 x 6 pin to 8 pin adapter.
How many watts does your PSU produce?
>>
>>55571406
But also using nearly double the power and with half the VRAM. I'm seriously considering a Nano for £20 more though, mainly as a curiosity. We'll never see another HBM1 card and it's just such a fucking weird little thing.
>>
>>55571549

Nearly the power is not true, more considering the 8 pin of AIB cards that, btw, nobody has review yet.

Unless you plan on heavy 4K, 4gb of HBM is not an issue. The bandwidth is the key her, has recent benchmarks show. The golden age of the furies is yet to come, and I am convinced it will be the new 290X, aging-wise.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.