[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tor Project announces new board of directors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: biella.jpg (351 KB, 1920x1380) Image search: [Google]
biella.jpg
351 KB, 1920x1380
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-project-elects-new-board%C2%A0-directors

>Gabriella (Biella) Coleman holds the Wolfe Chair in Scientific and Technological Literacy at McGill University. Trained as an anthropologist, her scholarship explores the intersection of the cultures of hacking and politics, with a focus on the sociopolitical implications of the free software movement and the digital protest ensemble Anonymous. She has authored two books, Coding Freedom: The Ethics and Aesthetics of Hacking (Princeton University Press, 2012) and Hacker, Hoaxer, Whistleblower, Spy: The Many Faces of Anonymous (Verso, 2014), which was named to Kirkus Reviews’ Best Books of 2014 and was awarded the Diana Forsythe Prize by the American Anthropological Association. Her work has been featured in numerous scholarly journals and edited volumes. Committed to public ethnography, she routinely presents her work to diverse audiences, teaches undergraduate and graduate courses, and has written for popular media outlets, including the New York Times, Slate, Wired, MIT Technology Review, Huffington Post, and the Atlantic.

>Megan Price, Executive Director of the Human Rights Data Analysis Group, designs strategies and methods for statistical analysis of human rights data for projects in a variety of locations including Guatemala, Colombia, and Syria. Her work in Guatemala includes serving as the lead statistician on a project in which she analyzes documents from the National Police Archive; she has also contributed analyses submitted as evidence in two court cases in Guatemala. Her work in Syria includes serving as the lead statistician and author on three reports, commissioned by the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner of Human Rights (OHCHR), on documented deaths in that country.
>>
File: 1466442365492.jpg (23 KB, 439x290) Image search: [Google]
1466442365492.jpg
23 KB, 439x290
>>55564266
Why is she wearing a blue shirt?

How can she be taken seriosly when she wears a blue shirt?
>>
How many work for the NSA?
>>
I guess this is the part where we all rage about it being a woman and insinuate she has some kind of hidden tumblr agenda.

Writing a book anon-e-moose is pretty silly, I suppose.
>>
>>55564266
3-4/10
would not bang
>>
>>55564266
reading the bios, she seems like the only dud in the lineup

she still needs to be there because jake appelbaum begged for too many threesomes
>>
>>55564266
Yay? Beats that crazy tranny that was stirring shit up.
>>
>>55564266

who are these people and why should i care?
>>
>>55564603
Terrorists, they are trying to take your freedom.
>>
>>55564479
Jesus, have some standards. 1/10 at best. Would vomit.
>>
>>55564266
She has knowledge about the meta stuff but wouldn't a skilled programmer or mathematician better ? Its about making Tor more secure not human rights friendly.
>>
>>55565075
I don't think its going to go that direction. Women only fight for rights.
>>
>>55565090
And thats the sad thing. Tor is an important project. They should be trying to make it more secure then popular. How much power does the directors have ?
>>
>>55564367
whoa man, you're so above-it and meta. you sound like a smart and cool dude, thanks for sharing your opinion
>>
>>55564361
All of them. Even the dog
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.