[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to make the cheapest possible device that meets the 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 5049315100_1423473808.jpg (156 KB, 1120x770) Image search: [Google]
5049315100_1423473808.jpg
156 KB, 1120x770
I want to make the cheapest possible device that meets the 2 specifications:

* Has to run Linux in some capacity, preferably a major distribution (arm is okay)
* Has to have a data port faster than USB2 (pic related has SATA 2.0, that would be good)

Bonuses:

* Onboard WiFi/Ethernet
* x86_64
* Can provide power for whatever storage I plug into it
* more than dual core

Anyone have any suggestions? Suggestions for the storage medium are welcome too, I was thinking a platter drive or maybe an mSATA if I can find a board that supports it and it's over 512GB for cheap.

I'll make a blog post or some other kind of written tutorial once it works on how to make a <100$ backup server with Syncthing and bring it back here.
>>
>>>/g/oogle.com
>>
>>55555385
I searched it, I'm not some kind of inbred, I was just hoping I could go to a discussion board and, you know, discuss things, because often times users of products have more insignt than looking through dozens of specsheets
>>
>>55555441
this. What the fuck is it with people thinking that the purpose of a discussion board is to remind people about search engines.
>>
>>55555441
>discuss things
Only things we discuss here are smartphones and GPUs
>>
>>55555371
Contact AllWinner.

Pre-commit to purchase more than 10M units of the SoC they will design and produce to your specification.

Put up the collateral.

Wait 12 months for them to design and ramp up production on your SoC.

Hire 20 CEs to design and certify your board containing said SoC.
>>
>>55555371
Look at the embedded solutions on newegg

Something there will probably grab your interest
>>
File: fish.jpg (60 KB, 608x486) Image search: [Google]
fish.jpg
60 KB, 608x486
Do you know about the Minnowboard?
It's Intels effort to get into embedded/Raspberry Pi Stuff.
I had one a year or so ago, it has SATA is x86. I had only the first one but there is a newer one, the MAX. But the Linux was pretty fucky, a weird Angstrom distro.
>>
>>55555772
sweet, gonna read some more after a shower

>>55555769
I should probably wait for my next paycheck for that one, sounds premium

I found this guy, looks really nice, but it's over $100 for the board alone. I could probably do $200 with another $100 for a 300GB mSATA if it ended up being really good.

Anyone else have experience in ultracheap backup servers?
>>
>>55555716
Not much to discuss though when you're part of the Apple Master Race.
>>
>>55555868
pic is "this guy"
>>
>>55555872
had no idea that homosexual sheep are master race
>>
>>55555872
not much to discuss when you can't talk or type with all those dicks you're jerking off and sucking
>>
>>55555848
I'm not really a fan of Intel's singleboards, after wasting a shit ton of dollars on the Edison and then never using it because the RPi Zero is better, cheaper, and has better support. Their weird homespun linux distros don't do anyone any favors either.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.